• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(92458)

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
Feb 7, 2008
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
I decided to play as deseret as I currently live in Salt Lake Utah and wanted to live up some of the mormon story. Anyways, I'm encountering a peculiar issue when it comes to democracy. When I attempt to hold elections, I get no political modifiers during the election period, and finally when the set date to vote comes up, no pop up appears with the vote. Eventually the same party remains in power (reactionary) and I go back to being a dictatorship. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? This only happens with Deseret, I started a new game and released California Republic instead and had no issues with elections.

Yeah, you have to wait playing the US until some Yankee pops show up in Deseret or it'll be unplayable as you'll have no primary culture population, and noone will assimilate to it since there's noone to look up to and emulate. :)

Yeah, you have to wait playing the US until some Yankee pops show up in Deseret or it'll be unplayable as you'll have no primary culture population, and noone will assimilate to it since there's noone to look up to and emulate. :)

I guess the mormons aren't so desirable, I figured this out last night kinda bummed out. So I would have to conquer an American province to get the assimulation trend going?

In a word, yes. I've played before as california republic and had similar issues. The only way I could resolve it for Deseret and Cali, was to change the primary culture to Native American. Boom, no more problems. And, it made for some fun ahistorical generals and portraits.

You could also change it to Wallonian, or something. You'll get immigrants from europe in about 0.2 seconds, and I tend to get alot from the netherlands at the start.