• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This doesn't want to activate even after I have used a console command into it. What did I do wrong? The Save Debug just tells me this:
Code:
 WARNING : Invalid String ID [action name];We must sign this treaty.
 WARNING : Invalid String ID [action name];test
Code:
#The Treaty of Berlin
event = {
    id = 88880602
    random = no
    country = ENG

trigger = {
        #event = 88880601
        local_flag = UK_defeat
    }
    style = 1
    name = "EVT_88880602_NAME"
    desc = "EVT_88880602_DESC"
    picture ="constitutional"

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1914 }
    offset = 30
    deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1924 }

action = {
    ai_chance = 100
    name = "We must sign this treaty."
    command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 1371 when = 2 }
    command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 348 when = 2 }
    command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 429 when = 2 }
    command = { type = secederegion which = GER value = "East Africa" when = 2 }
    command = { type = secederegion which = GER value = "Horn of Africa" when = 2 }
    command = { type = secederegion which = GER value = "West Africa" when = 2 }
    command = { type = secederegion which = GER value = "Central Africa" when = 2 }
    command = { type = secederegion which = GER value = "Indonesia" when = 2 }
    command = { type = secederegion which = GER value = "Asian Pacific" when = 2 }
    command = { type = secederegion which = TUR value = "Egypt" when = 2 }
    command = { type = secederegion which = TUR value = "Sudan" when = 2 }
    command = { type = secedearea which = TUR value = "Anatolian South Coast" when = 2 }
    }
    action = {
        name = "test"
        ai_chance = 0
    }
}
What happens exactly if you fire it by console?
Anyway, the problem could be that there is no valid command.
For example, the second action has no command, so you will never see the second action. If you add a dissent command or even a command = { } then you should be able to see the second action.
The same is true for the first: it could be that all those commands are invalid; however, just by looking at them I cannot tell you why.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It appears that the commands are invalid. when I added the command = { } to both of them, it appears. perhaps it is my formatting.

It appears that the commands are invalid. when I added the command = { } to both of them, it appears. perhaps it is my formatting.
Are you sure that you are using the correct TAGs? At least in DHFull, there are no GER or TUR at the beginning of the scenario IIRC.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Question:

Loading event #58001...
INFO : Ignored - the event is obsolete, already fired or slept.

I have a lot of messages popping in savedebug for events like this. Is it normal or is it an error of some sort? Because I don't like that it is there.

Question:

Loading event #58001...
INFO : Ignored - the event is obsolete, already fired or slept.

I have a lot of messages popping in savedebug for events like this. Is it normal or is it an error of some sort? Because I don't like that it is there.
Honestly I don't remember the details. In origin the message was from HOI2 and it was not always correct, that's why it was downgraded from WARNING to INFO. IIRC it was partially improved so that it made more sense, so it's better to check and understand why it's there. As it's written, the event maybe be already fired or slept. In a savegame there is a list of slept and/or fired events (can't remember if it's one list or two), check if those event ids are in that list(s) and if their presence there is correct or not. Then you can decide if it's safe to ignore the message or not.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Honestly I don't remember the details. In origin the message was from HOI2 and it was not always correct, that's why it was downgraded from WARNING to INFO. IIRC it was partially improved so that it made more sense, so it's better to check and understand why it's there. As it's written, the event maybe be already fired or slept. In a savegame there is a list of slept and/or fired events (can't remember if it's one list or two), check if those event ids are in that list(s) and if their presence there is correct or not. Then you can decide if it's safe to ignore the message or not.

Hmmm... that makes sense. I will check it out some time, it might have some useful information there about events sleeping before their time and so forth.

Query: Does it cause the error pop-up while loading without savedebug?

Hmmm... that makes sense. I will check it out some time, it might have some useful information there about events sleeping before their time and so forth.

Query: Does it cause the error pop-up while loading without savedebug?
Not 100% sure, but I think not since it's classified as INFO and not as WARNING or ERROR.

Reactions:
Not 100% sure, but I think not since it's classified as INFO and not as WARNING or ERROR.
Ohh, that's elucidative!

Thank you for the explanation, AC! You are a very helpful and informative!

# Polnische Provinzen an Österreich-Ungarn
event = {
id = 800000012
random = no
country = U09

decision = {
army = 54
ideology = nazi
}

decision_trigger = {
garrison = { country = U09 province = 212 size = 9 }
garrison = { country = U09 province = 214 size = 9 }
garrison = { country = U09 province = 213 size = 9 }
garrison = { country = U09 province = 292 size = 9 }
garrison = { country = U09 province = 301 size = 9 }
garrison = { country = U09 province = 300 size = 9 }
}

trigger = {
garrison = { country = U09 province = 212 size = 9 }
garrison = { country = U09 province = 214 size = 9 }
garrison = { country = U09 province = 213 size = 9 }
garrison = { country = U09 province = 292 size = 9 }
garrison = { country = U09 province = 301 size = 9 }
garrison = { country = U09 province = 300 size = 9 }
}

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1934 }
offset = 1
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1964 }
name = "Polnische Provizen fordern"
desc = "Wir fordern unsere rechtmässigen Provinzen ein."
style = 2
picture = "Saar_Plebiscite"
decision_picture = "decision_generic_mob"

action = {
name = "Take them"
command = { trigger = { country = POL } type = secedeprovince which = U09 value = 235 }
command = { trigger = { country = POL } type = secedeprovince which = U09 value = 237 }
command = { trigger = { country = POL } type = secedeprovince which = U09 value = 236 }
command = { trigger = { country = POL } type = secedearea which = U09 value = "Lvov" }
command = { type = manpowerpool value = 75 }
}
}

What am i missing here? The triggers are working but only the manpower command works. As far i understood the commands Poland should give me the named provinces.

Attachments

• Bild_2024-01-19_231322643.png
    Bild_2024-01-19_231322643.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
I think the issue is the trigger of the command to cede province, I would guess the computer do not trigger the command because it's for pol and it's an u09 event. I don't know what is the correct command, easiest way to solve it would be to make another event directly for pol to cede the province that would be triggered by the first event.

What am i missing here? The triggers are working but only the manpower command works. As far i understood the commands Poland should give me the named provinces.
No, it doesn't, that's not what those command trigger do. The event fires only for U09, but the command trigger make those command fire only if the country is POL. Therefore they can never fire.
You should either trigger and event for POL to secede those provinces (using when = 1, in general always use when = 1 with secede commands) OR, if you really do not want to create another event, you might use when = 2 in those secede commands, but I would advise in adding command trigger to check if POL is actually owning those provinces.
For the details on the when clause, I advise reading the modding documentation.

EDIT: mostly emu'd. :)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Thank for the answer to you both.

I looked up Events from the All in one Mod and there were triggers Like that.

How about a inherit province/area/Region command in the next Patch?