• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Morlac

OOC:
My goals (consistent with the fiction, as you will see):

(1) Recapture the Holy Lands ASAP and keep them out of the hands of the infidel in perpetuity.
(2) Unite the world. This is defined as having all provinces either uninhabited or under the control of Spain, its vassals, and/or its allies.
(3) Develop the world. I must achieve tech levels as quickly as possible across the board, maxing out all of them well before the end of the game (my hope is to do it before 1700).
(4) Develop the world, part II. I must also make every effort to have each and every province mapped and occupied with at least a trading post.
(5) Develop the world, part III. By the end of the game, all of my provinces must be fully developed to maximum fortifications, with tax collectors, judges, and governors. During play, I will build as fast as possible, excepting governors to preserve my inflation-fighting capacity, and fortification of rebellious areas.
(6) Be a beacon of stability and Catholic rectitude. No conversion away from Catholicism; keep stability at +3 at all times; avoid military annexation of fellow Catholics.

What I like to see in an AAR is someone telling me exactly what they're going to do and then sticking to it. I don't think it'll detract from the story, and you are on track (as far as I can tell) to get it all done.

My apologies to all about not posting another update. My real life is rather busy at the moment, plus I got distracted by the whole AAR review effort over in the EU2 board (I wrote the first review!) and I also reached a point in the AAR where I really need to consider how ambitious the "storyline" part was going to get. I've already written and rewritten several pages of the next installment a couple of times, and I can't seem to get happy with it.

I do hope to have something this week, though. ;)

Morlac,
the art of writing is re-writing.
I seem to be passing through the same phase with my scotland aar.

This is a great AAR.
I hope Morlac will update it soon:D

Originally posted by King of Men

And regarding your writing style, I think Lord Durham should quit his back-seat driving and watch; maybe he'd learn something. ;)
Yeah, I haven't got a clue how to write... :rolleyes:

Hope you get back on board soon, Morlac.

Excellent AAR! How could I missed it? It has all the qualities of a narrative EU2 AAR....:) Congratulations!