• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, I don't know what I am going to do.

What I do need to do is play some more. I was going to update tonight, but I am all caught up to my game! I have no more screens!!! :eek: :confused:

An achievement in intself fine sir

I will have an update for Friday guys! Sorry for making you guys wait :(

If I have learnt anything from following AARs, its that good things take time.
That and from eating mainland cheese.

CBC World News – May 26th, 1954

May 26th, 1954

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from the United States and abroad via our correspondents in Chicago and Ottawa."

"Good evening Canada, this is your host Tommy Forever speaking. Tonight, we bring you the latest news from the US Civil War and the Soviet-Chinese front."

"In the United States, Confederate troops have continued to make aggressive attacks along the western coast. US forces have been having a hard time holding their positions in this region, and many divisions have fallen back to the Ohio River to hold a defensive position along its banks. To the east, Californian divisions continue a perilous fight over the city of Omaha, which has exchanged hands seven times over the past three weeks."

"Chinese resistance in eastern China is collapsing under a renewed Soviet effort to break through the lines. Soviet forces have captured the industry-rich regions of Chengdu and Chongquing, whose effect will be seen in the coming weeks. More important, however, is the fact that Chinese forces in this region are demoralized and many have routed before the latest attacks. The Japanese invasion of Manchuria has come to a staggering halt as the Red Army managed to launch several localized counter attacks against the Japanese spearheads. With Soviet leadership becoming more experienced with warfare in this region, we can expect to see Japan and China faced with some difficult situations in the near future."

"On the diplomatic stage, Canada is looking into the purchase of Alaska from the United States. The Canadian government has shown its interest in this region, and it has been suggested that Canada would be willing to use food and military supplies as leverage on the bargaining table. There is some opposition from the opposing parties in the government, to whom many feel that the purchase of this territory may be a wasted investment."

"In Britain, Martial Law has been declared in many of the southern provinces has civil disobedience continues to climb. Despite efforts to ease the situation, the military has said that the "...situation has become increasingly difficult to maintain. The lack of manpower to keep civilian unrest to a minimum has an effect on our ability to maintain peace..." It is expected for these riots to continue, as much of the population is starving and unemployed."

ScreenSave3.jpg

ScreenSave4.jpg

**Finally, some updates for you guys! Next update will contain alot more information.**

Your economic situation seems to be healthy. Your resources, supplies, and IC are in good numbers.

Dissent seems to be at a managable level already, how long will it take before it hits 20%?

When will we see new Europe? Also, in your sig. it might sound better to use the term "Second American Civil War"

When will we see new Europe? Also, in your sig. it might sound better to use the term "Second American Civil War"

Thanks, I will change it. You are right, that does sound better.

As for the borders, the events I had for redefining the borders involving Germany continue to kill my saves, so I am working on that still. One small step at a time to find out which one kills my save.

Its a WIP atm :)

CBC World News – July 11th, 1954

July 11th, 1954

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from the United States and abroad via our correspondents in Chicago and Ottawa."

"Good evening Canada, this is your host Tommy Forever speaking. Tonight, we bring you the latest news from south of the border and Australia, as well as the recent start of the trials in Europe."

"United States and Texan forces have once again clashed at the city of Omaha. Omaha, a city with a pre-war population of 220,000, has been the focus of several offensives by the Confederate, Californian, Texan and US armies over the past month as each attempts to gain its strategic location. As it stand right now, roughly 200,000 US troops are engaged in combat against 250,000 Texan militia and infantry. Oddly enough, this seems to be the only area of combat for all combatant powers of the civil war."

"In Australia, a British advance along the east coast was cut off early last week, forming a rapidly shrinking pocket. Australian infantry staged a daring attack that managed to cut British supply lines and capture the city of Townsville. The city was reported to contain several important documents regarding detailed plans of Axis attacks, which will hinder the British advances in this region. The outnumbered Australian forces have refused to give up, and have given the British a rough time."

"In Europe, secrecy around where the trials of several high-ranking Allied government officials and military officers of varying ranks continues as the trial dates grow near. It is to be a series of trials, or tribunals, for the prosecution of prominent members of the political, military, and economic leadership of the Allied powers regarding their conduct throughout the Second World War. With the majority of the conflict regarding Axis powers over, it was decided to go ahead with the trials. It is noted, however, that several leaders will be convicted in absence, such as Commander Feuersturm and Field Marshal Eisenhower. The US still faces embargo from many nations among the world for its refusal to hand over the said examples."

ScreenSave6.jpg

ScreenSave7.jpg

ScreenSave8.jpg

**Okay lads, here is the deal. Whoever picks the best place for these 'Nuremberg Trials' of this AAR, and with the best reason, wins. That is right, you guys get to choose where, and whoever has the most logical and best reason will win, and be.... famous? :p. Note 2: Why am I going for Seattle? I got some troops in Hawaii that are just dying to be dropped off to help the war effort.**

One of Germany's few undamaged cities: Hamburg. If you made that the capital it would work even better. That way, depending on the sentence they could be publicly hanged (There is an island somewhere in the port that could be seen from all over the city) and if put in prison; they could be shipped to a high end security complex on the isle of man.

Last edited:
Considering both the Nürnberg and Tokyo trials were conducted in defeated contries, how about Germany having the Stalingrad trials, and the Strassbourg trials? Perhaps England is having its own Southampton trails, hanging Churchill and those traitors. And the Oslo-trials, as IRL but the other way around.

The Tokyo trails still go by the USA, as Japan was defeated by them.

the Guadalajara trials, where the allied forces suffered their biggest defeat(some 450 thousand dead, 940 thousand captured. i think that's enough)

or maybe Dantzig, the city that started it all(and is intact)

What do you mean piciking the best place at the nurenberg trials? Explain :confused:.

Everyone else has the right idea. What place would be the best location to have a set of trials similar to the Nuremberg trials (Germany will be conducting them).

the Guadalajara trials, where the allied forces suffered their biggest defeat(some 450 thousand dead, 940 thousand captured. i think that's enough)

Was not a big battle in my timeline.
Late edit: Thought he meant Guadal Canal (sp?)

Current candidates:

Hamburg: German industrial city, relatively light war damage
Stalingrad: Soviet symbolic city, next to no war damage.
Strasbourg: French city (though devastated by several years of war)
Danzig: The city that started it all. A possibly symbolic close to the war?
Southampton: British city, though with the current state of Britain (starvation, ruined cities and civil works, riots, ect.) it may not be such an ideal location.

Any more suggestions?

Last edited: