• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

0rth0d0xypr0xy

Second Lieutenant
24 Badges
Apr 25, 2021
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Can you obtain this from both of the 1066 starts? I personally like seeing King Billy ruling over England rather than chancing some Scandy somehow winning the battle royale.

Would appreciate advice as to how this achievement can be obtained - watching One Proud Bavarian YT video for pointers.

Thanks in advance!

Would appreciate advice as to how this achievement can be obtained - watching One Proud Bavarian YT video for pointers.
I found that, for the first Crusade, it was very hard to be the top contributor. (YMMV.)

But, the achievement doesn't require you to win any particular Crusade - just a Crusade for Jerusalem! (In my run, I got the achievement on the 3rd successful Crusade for Jerusalem, which was maybe the 5th or 6th Crusade overall.)

So, you could try pointing the first Crusade somewhere else (top-right of the preparing-for-Crusade screen), and save Jerusalem for the second Crusade (when you'll be more rich and powerful).

NB: If the Children's Crusade fires, don't support them (otherwise they might win, take "your" Jerusalem, and force you to wait until they've been reconquered). (Same goes for the Shepherd's Crusade, I suppose, but I've literally never seen it happen.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
My current campaign started off to get the Defender of the Holy Sepulchre achievement, and I used One Proud Bavarian's guide which worked a treat for me.

I'm now just one duchy away from getting the Deus Vult achievement and it's been one of the most fun campaigns I have done so far, especially early on trying to defend against the Jihads

Yes, it only requires starting as Eustache de Boulogne, no matter what start date.
I think many are unaware of this. I kept playing after Eustace died and was fortunate enough to obtain the achievement first time through - OPB's suggestion of sending off troops early ahead of the main army certainly came in help!

Reactions: