• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BigHamster

Captain
86 Badges
Mar 26, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • King Arthur II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
Guys, I kinda need advice. Was trying to get that achivment for quite a while. All the time eather something gets horribli wrong with my bloodline, or stupid AI's do conquer jerusalem as Biz on their own. Finally I got a lucky try, as Emperor of France(formed it out of france) I won crusade over Iraq, swaped to new crusader queen of Iraq, accidentaly became immortal(well that's unexpected but feels good), ok time to wait for Jerusalem crusade. And then stupid Child crusade wins Jerusalem. Ok no panic I sayed to myself and patiently waited till that new Kindom get murdered by neighbours and finally join Crusade for Jerusalem, but Kindom itself was still held by a little 2 province count. That was my mistake I guess, I won a title of Crusader Jerusalem but not Jerusalem itself and usurping title did not help to get an achivement. I'm I **** ? What shall I do now? I guess only way left is deny eternity for my former pier and start whole thing over...

It's really not too hard to get the achievement with Eustache's son by winning the first crusade. It can be done as just a duke by saving up money and hiring mercenaries. I guess there is a certain amount of luck involved, but you don't need that many troops.

It's really not too hard to get the achievement with Eustache's son by winning the first crusade. It can be done as just a duke by saving up money and hiring mercenaries. I guess there is a certain amount of luck involved, but you don't need that many troops.
Man, I swear, all the times I tried eather Jerusalem is not a valid target for crusade, or Children get it... What's the best way to destroy it if its cristian ?

When doing an achievement run always check your game rules and DLCs to make sure they won't interfere with your goals. I was able to ask the Pope to launch a crusade for Jerusalem and he actually did, the madman. I guess it helps a lot to select Theology focus and join an order. I was still just a Duke, got highest warscore thanks to mercs and holy orders. I had them on boats off the coast of Jerusalem when the crusade fired ready to strike.

After all I went you way, did help. Got Duchy of Flanders and Normandy, Did not pushed for France just hoarded money, when Children crusade happened I sold him to slavers with a help of deceitfull trait. Invaded Jerusalem with bunch of mercs, achivment done. Thanks for advice. And yet so much random staff can interfear with this plan. I guess finally lucky a little bit.

FWIW, it is possible to get the achievement on later crusades. In my run:
  • Crusade #1 was for Jerusalem. I came 2nd (at the time, I hadn't worked out the best way to optimise participation score). Did not switch character.
  • Crusade #2 was for somewhere else; meanwhile, Jerusalem was completely wiped out fairly quickly.
  • Children's Crusade for Jerusalem. I supported them massively, in the hope that this would count. They won, and it didn't count.
  • Crusade #3 was for somewhere else; meanwhile, Jerusalem was completely wiped out again.
  • Crusade #4 was for Jerusalem. I came first. Switched character, got the achievement.
The complete wipes are the key - you need to ensure that the kingdom of Jerusalem has been destroyed before the Crusade ends. Also, you might want to ensure that there are no Catholic claimants.

One concrete thing that may help with the complete destruction of k_jerusalem is "de jure required" in game rules - ever since it was introduced, I have found it to be extremely helpful.

Last edited:
Sepulchre

If everything else fails, you can always use exploits, repeatedly siege a city of your rebellious vassal to get a lot of gold and hire mercs durning the crusade, or create your own mercenary band (conclave required) and keep reinforcing it and using it to wage your wars exclusively and from time to time put your heir as its captain and make "succession" happen to get back all of the gold that has been spent on its maintenance.

If everything else fails, you can always use exploits, repeatedly siege a city of your rebellious vassal to get a lot of gold and hire mercs durning the crusade, or create your own mercenary band (conclave required) and keep reinforcing it and using it to wage your wars exclusively and from time to time put your heir as its captain and make "succession" happen to get back all of the gold that has been spent on its maintenance.
Money are not really an issue, as you might have noticed some other people also got screewed by things that might pop out cristian Jerusalem to existance before crusade happend. In that case you need to make it gone, and gone completely, but its simply easier to restart bookmark.