• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi guys. I have managed to port the map over to AOD. I'll upload the files and instructions in here in a short while.

5o5og1.jpg

2dmeduh.jpg

2uroxfb.jpg

20ie610.jpg

Last edited:
List Of What I Think Will Need To Be Done:

1. An installer would be cool. Since we can't provide the DH map with the mod, I would make the installation less complicated
2. Adjust borders and claims
3. Adjust events dealing with territorial changes
4. Adjust revolt.txt
5. Adjust AI files? Don't know how relevant that'll be
6. Maybe add Free City of Danzig (largely a matter of taste)
7. Maybe adjust victory points

Josip =

clouds-jesus.jpg

Please tell us what you've done exactly. :) And do you want to participate in DH map to AoD mod project?

+1!!!!!

Please tell us what you've done exactly. :) And do you want to participate in DH map to AoD mod project?

I would be glad to join this glorious effort!

I've basically just let the game generate the new navaldist.tbl file. It took about 30 minutes to do so. No changes were made to Province.csv file, since that file is in the same format in both games.

Now, we need to assign correct unit models for the Armies of each countries. Ministers and tech entries also need to be copy-pasted. As for the new countries, there is Egypt, Danzig, Indochina, British Raj and Syria/Lebanon. Should we keep these or merge them with their mother-nations?

And some more progress images :)

Josip, can you give SPECIFIC instructions please and upload the files (use filefront if possible?).

What files from what location with relative file path db/something/something etc.

And to clarify this is the DH map plopped into the AoD folder?

Merge for starters.

I get "scenario file has errors"

Last edited:
I would be glad to join this glorious effort!
Nice. :)

I've basically just let the game generate the new navaldist.tbl file. It took about 30 minutes to do so. No changes were made to Province.csv file, since that file is in the same format in both games.
So you did the same as I did (see my earlier post) but recived no error message?

Now, we need to assign correct unit models for the Armies of each countries.
We could take the ones from AoD for now.

Ministers and tech entries also need to be copy-pasted.
Wait, why that? :confused:

As for the new countries, there is Egypt, Danzig, Indochina, British Raj and Syria/Lebanon. Should we keep these or merge them with their mother-nations?
IMO, we should leave them out in the first version. India will be British, Danzig will be Polish etc. This way we can use the AoD events right away.

BTW, did you use AoD v1.07?

Last edited:
So you did the same as I did (see my earlier post) but recived no error message?
I had to do a little tinkering. "claimedprovinces" entry was a real pain, had to delete these. Siam had DH only entry "name =".

We could take the ones from AoD for now.
That was my idea also.

Wait, why that? :confused:
DH and AOD use different tech and minister IDs.

IMO, we should leave them out in the first version. India will be British, Danzig will be Polish etc. This way we can use the AoD events right away.
Agreed.

BTW, did you use AoD v1.07?
Yes :)

Josip, can you please post your step by step instructions for what you did to get the map to load? I cannot, for the life of me figure this out I am not getting relevant error information.

Please tell me every single file your moved, changed or replace and where.

Yeah like no offense man but if you got the map to load you should've posted the results by now why is that taking so long?

Once we can get the map to load properly we can finally get to work to fixing the scenario files.

Sorry for the delay. I was working on adjusting ministers, diplomacy and techs in the scenario files.
We have to adjust the AI files, events, and replace DH division models with AOD models (in the scenario).

Instructions:
1) Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?bx6vzq9ykn6mwlx
2) Delete AOD scenario folder
3) Copy these files from DH/map/Map_1/ to your AOD/map/ folder (overwrite when asked)
-adjacent.tbl
-boundbox.tbl
-index.tbl
-lightmap1.tbl
-lightmap2.tbl
-lightmap3.tbl
-lightmap4.tbl
-tiles.bmp
4) Extract the downloaded files to your AOD folder (overwrite when asked)
5) Start the game, choose the (only) 1936 scenario

I tested the map with a handsoff Cuba game. 1947 and still no crash.

Last edited:
From a technical point of view (legal aspect) only those who own DH can use DH's map ported to AoD right? Hope no problems arise in the form of a DH team's complaint concerning this.

But this is indeed the first step of the realization of my signature ;)

What else can be ported from DH that is obviously better made then AoD or non existent in AoD?

From a technical point of view (legal aspect) only those who own DH can use DH's map ported to AoD right? Hope no problems arise in the form of a DH team's complaint concerning this.

But this is indeed the first step of the realization of my signature ;)

What else can be ported from DH that is obviously better made then AoD or non existent in AoD?

I completely agree with your signature. I think that in terms of features, AoD is better than DH, so it is better to port as many things as possible to AoD from DH.