• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
985. Fixed bugs with country descriptions set in scenario files:
- specified in scenario files country texts no longer will be replaced with the default on deselect/select
- set default scenario text to be in this format TAG_YYYY_DESC instead of TAG_YY_DESC where YY was one of 36, 39, 41, 44, 45; The old format is still valid, but the new one is with priority

I've tried clean installs with this new beta version, but no way i turn it I can't get my 2 windows 7 computers to allow me to connect for multiplayer (a clean install of 1.0 connects fine). I think theres something wrong in the MP connect code (neither IP or direct connect works).

CHECKSUM=VEIX

screen hangs on join for say 15 seconds, then breaks free and can't join....

weird... anyone else able to get local multiplayer to work with this patch?

UPDATE:
disabling UPNP on the router resolved the problem... this is only needed for the newest version... was never needed for previous versions.

Last edited:
Started the invasion of China as Japan in 1937...totally shocked at the number of troops gathered near Beijing in a matter of about a week. About 120 or so divisions (A stack of 44 in one province alone!). The annexation of all the warlord provinces isn't very historic as it is (the annexation of Shanxi and Guangxi is acceptable at the most), and though the warlord forces aren't of much quality, the sheer quantity of them makes no sense until I reach Nanjing and Shanghai, when the war really started to get bogged down.

This is really an issue with the strength of militia units. You'll find if you build nothing but militia as Japan, you will win the war with China within a year or two very handily. If you build infantry instead you might be waiting until 1940 to finish them, if at all.

You can also use the same militia spam tactic to defeat Germany as France.

Depends on the definition of "soon".
We're still few weeks away in development before having all planned features for 1.02 in.

Please tell me ai Japan will actually be able to have 100 non-outdated non-garrison divisions by 1937 in 1.02.

Please tell me ai Japan will actually be able to have 100 non-outdated non-garrison divisions by 1937 in 1.02.

Well, if you mean Japan should get double amount of divs on start, i dont think its good; while i would agree with you on better produktion ai.
I was able to win against China (1.01.1) with japan by 1940. Its tough as hell, but there are still no need to make Natchi a pushover.

Ok, maybe under 10 additional divisions on the start would be ok.

Well, if you mean Japan should get double amount of divs on start, i dont think its good; while i would agree with you on better produktion ai.
I was able to win against China (1.01.1) with japan by 1940. Its tough as hell, but there are still no need to make Natchi a pushover.

Ok, maybe under 10 additional divisions on the start would be ok.
Try 1.02b :D