• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There are still no dice rolls and only combat tactics.

So the tactics ad the modifier (replacing the dice rolls' modifier). And this tactic appears as a modifier tag.

So the efficiency of your forces is a function of these variables:
I-Number of Soldiers (of each type)
II-Tech Level (of each type)
III-Terrain Type
IV-Tactical Modifiers

Is that an accurate description of the combat model, or am I missing something?

[Can tactical modifiers depend of the values of I, II, and III?]

Thanking you again for answers.

So the tactics ad the modifier (replacing the dice rolls' modifier). And this tactic appears as a modifier tag.

So the efficiency of your forces is a function of these variables:
I-Number of Soldiers (of each type)
II-Tech Level (of each type)
III-Terrain Type
IV-Tactical Modifiers

Is that an accurate description of the combat model, or am I missing something?

[Can tactical modifiers depend of the values of I, II, and III?]

Thanking you again for answers.

Pretty much but tactical modifiers are fixed values.

Developer dairy? You may want to fix that.

Have yo not heard?

Crusader Kings is being taken over by Zynga! Farmville for everyone!

Is there any chance of this new combat system being used in Victoria 2?

Not a chance. Podcat really wants a Christmas holiday and radical peice of rework like this would leave him in here on his own on Christmas Day. At this time of the year we need to think about the poor ass prods.

Not a chance. Podcat really wants a Christmas holiday and radical peice of rework like this would leave him in here on his own on Christmas Day. At this time of the year we need to think about the poor ass prods.

pretty much. Your best bet is to buy lots of copies of the expansion and I might get to make another one where we redo the combat a bit :)

Still, I can imagine this being introduced in future titles/expansions. :)
Not necessarily anything currently in development.

Since once you get a church job you are disqualifed from succession, trust me when I say it feels so right.

Is that true at all levels, or law-specific?

What if I was King of France and had that law where lands can revert to the Crown if lords die heirless... and then granted a Bishopric to the sole heir of my most powerful duke? Would that work? :D

Is that true at all levels, or law-specific?

What if I was King of France and had that law where lands can revert to the Crown if lords die heirless... and then granted a Bishopric to the sole heir of my most powerful duke? Would that work? :D

Upto a point, I married my only son and heir off to Matilda of Tuscany (waiting for the lands to come home) when she made him a Bishop, ending my game. Still you need to get the son of your duke to your court which he might not want to do.

That Matilda sure gets around :D

Thanks for the reply. Looks like we have yet another reason to be wary of the Church.

(Funny how all the questions are about the imbecile Bishop instead of the combat system :D But that does look like a nice improvement too).