• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you settle as MR directly, all your nomadic counties will become independent, whether they are held by you or by your vassal khans. So it's better to take the slower path and become tribal first.

And before that, I plan to take care of all my nomadic vassal khans. They are so pathetic. No matter how strong they are, all I need is putting my small horde on their capital holding before trying to imprison them, provided that they don't have any vassal of their own. Then I can absorb all of them on the day I will settle as tribal. A fresh start no tribal vassal, former nomadic or not. And I will find no reason to create one, until I adopt MR and get all the free holdings on my demesne counties.
I know that I am gonna be tribal first anyway but... they will remain as tribal for time when I settle and thats the problem :D

If you settle as MR directly, all your nomadic counties will become independent, whether they are held by you or by your vassal khans. So it's better to take the slower path and become tribal first.

And before that, I plan to take care of all my nomadic vassal khans. They are so pathetic. No matter how strong they are, all I need is putting my small horde on their capital holding before trying to imprison them, provided that they don't have any vassal of their own. Then I can absorb all of them on the day I will settle as tribal. A fresh start no tribal vassal, former nomadic or not. And I will find no reason to create one, until I adopt MR and get all the free holdings on my demesne counties.

Nomadic county is one with (0 or 1) holdings or one that does not haeva capital barony?