• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pactgo24518

Private
29 Badges
Nov 12, 2018
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Island Bound
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
It's not poor hardware, deleting caches didn't work, running in windowed didn't work.

When zoomed out, it seems to pass time ok, but when zoomed in (particularly in wars) it will crash after a few days pass. Latest crash happened after I received a battle victory report.

My super marathon will come to an abrupt end if I cannot get the game to run reliably.

It sounds like there may be some error of some kind introduced by the conversion process then, and that will be all but impossible to track down. You could give it a shot with the Audax Validator, but that's not a perfect tool and I've found that it doesn't necessarily succeed in finding errors like this! You might just be out of luck.

Whoa, it is not well-suited to conversion mods, I guess, primarily because the mods create a lot of extra stuff. Or maybe you didn't quite set it up right, (or don't have both expansions?), since it doesn't recognise flashpoint_tension as a valid condition.

You can pretty safely ignore the 60% of the file that says "Duplicate names are bad", as well as the stuff above that, which made me say the stuff about not being well-suited.

You should probably empty out decisions/ACW.txt if the whole US Civil war chain thing isn't going to happen, because its references to USA and MEX_97 are dangerous (search the log for "MEX_97" is not a valid Region.) The following reference to annex in the Arabian formation decision should also be dealt with somehow.

I would deal with pretty much everything after that which isn't about news, because anything there could be causing an issue. The errors about news make me think you chose just Victoria 2 instead of AHD when running the Validator, so running it again with that (assuming that any updates haven't added a special HoD version) may reduce the number of errors.

Also, note that I have access to all existing DLC, and this is a scenario where my country ended up VERY large and very successful. I encountered these problems on a run into 1918, now I'm in 1871. It could be a matter of some integer or value maxing out that's causing this.

Maybe it's a matter of increasing said limit by modifying it in a file? Remember these crashes only happen during wars/battles, including rebellions.

Unfortunately wiping ACW.txt didn't solve it.

Are you aware of the DLC's directories? If so, I'll run the tool there and attach the dumps.
It's not about running it against the directories, it's about setting the Validator itself to check files assuming you have both expansions. This is because if you just select Victoria 2 in the Validator, it assumes you don't have either of the expansions, but if you choose AHD, it assumes you have both and works with that info.

Unfortunately I'm not convinced that battles and wars are necessarily connected to the crashing, because there are a million different things that could cause the game to crash. So going through more of the Validator's results and correcting them (won't work for a saved game in progress, which means that if your converter spat out a mod+save you're in trouble) is the way to go.