• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(316350)

Private
2 Badges
May 16, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
Hey Everyone,

I seem to be crashing when I mod some of the things in my game. I put an "Addon" folder in my steamapps for this game and placed the mod in there but crash when loading a map.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance as well.

the addons folder should be in: steamapps\cities in motion\addons
No capital letters ("Addons" will not work, only "addons").
What mod is it? Or is it something you created yourself? (If you created it yourself, please explain the chamges you made).

Trying to do the "Time line" fix. The game loads fine but when I load a map it will just close the game.
-Game is on my E drive. Not sure what version of the game I have but since its on steam it will have the latest version already yes?

Remove the mod. Then re-download it, and RTFM.

I've tried removing the folder "addon" and readding the folder but doesnt change anything. When the folder is not added, the game works fine.But as soon as I add the folder is when I crash when loading the game.

Sorry, what is RTFM? Excuse my newbish.

I also tried adding the folder in the "My Documents" where the saved games are - failed. Crashes like before.

log_metro.txt should be located at:
"C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Cities In Motion"

Are you creating the time fix yourself or using a downloaded mod?

That "someone" is me...
To help you I need to see the log_metro.txt file and know what do you have in the "addons" folder.
Do you have mods located in a "metro" folder?

That "someone" is me...
To help you I need to see the log_metro.txt file and know what do you have in the "addons" folder.

I will get you that log latyer tonight (2pm here in ontario so probably by 6pm).

If I keep my steamapp and My Document "Cities in Motion" folder blank then the game works fine. If I put an addon folder in either of those folders it crashes when loading the map. The only mods I have tried are realism mod and the time line mod and neither worked. I think I even tried with a blank addon folder and it crashed.

There are no mods in the "Metro" folder and I know that for a fact.

When you say "addon folder", is that exactly how the folder is titled? As Giladteller mentioned earlier, it needs to be "addons", not "Addon" or "addon".

So for the DLC Time Fix mod you would have:

/Steam/steamapps/common/Cities in Motion/addons/ which would then contain folders for vehiclepack01, vehiclepack02, etc.

When you say "addon folder", is that exactly how the folder is titled? As Giladteller mentioned earlier, it needs to be "addons", not "Addon" or "addon".

So for the DLC Time Fix mod you would have:

/Steam/steamapps/common/Cities in Motion/addons/ which would then contain folders for vehiclepack01, vehiclepack02, etc.

That there is making me think I wrote it wronmg now. I will try that again when I get home.

Thanks everyone for helping!

That "someone" is me...

Here is my log_metro

Opened log in "userdata/log_metro.txt".
Version: 1.0.22
initializing FMOD...
[done]
initializing OpenGL-window...
[done]
Loaded language "en_US"
Engine initialization finished
Loading ui...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/germany"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/mappack01"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/munich"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/tokyo"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/usa"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack01"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack02"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack03"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack04"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/z_vehicleRealismModV3_2"...
[done]
Loading achievements...
[done]
Loading main menu...
[done]
Steam initialized
Start scenario "metro/scenarios/sandbox.scenario"
Loading game...
Error: File "addons/vehiclepack03/bus01/bus19.object" not found!
Error: Runtime error in "metro/scripts/environment.script" at line 136: Internal error!
Error: Called from "addons/vehiclepack03/scripts/environment.script" at line 3
Error: Runtime error in "metro/scripts/environment.script" at line 212: Internal error!
Closed log in "userdata/log_metro.txt".

Which mod are you trying to make it work?

Your problem seems to be with vehiclepack03 which is the official DLC Design Now.
Your game crash when you try to create a new game or load a saved game? I bet is the last one.

Either the mod is conflicting with the DLC or your DLC file is corrupted. Go to Steam, Library, right-click on Cities in Motion and Properties. Find Verify files (something like that) and do this. That might download the file again if its corrupted.

Which mod are you trying to make it work?

Your problem seems to be with vehiclepack03 which is the official DLC Design Now.
Your game crash when you try to create a new game or load a saved game? I bet is the last one.

Either the mod is conflicting with the DLC or your DLC file is corrupted. Go to Steam, Library, right-click on Cities in Motion and Properties. Find Verify files (something like that) and do this. That might download the file again if its corrupted.

Creating a new and loading a saved file will crash CiM

Do you have all DLCs?
If you don't have DLC-3 "Design Now", then you need to delete the folder "vehiclepack03" from the addons folder.

There are 4 DLCs.
Check the folder
"...\Steam\steamapps\common\cities in motion"
Make sure you have the file "vehiclepack03.gs".