• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You could consider building some Reserve units along with your INF units. Reserves are basically lesser-equipped divisions (lesser support troops and artillery for one), and are quite different from Vanilla's militia. Most countries will heavily rely on RES rather than modern INF. RES will be less powerful, and are considerably weaker regarding attack, but they do provide a bigger bang for your buck. INF units have better stats, but do cost considerably more. The divisions you will be facing in China will be Reserves, mostly, rather than full INF divisions.
Another thing to keep in mind is that Japan is using the 6 battallion division structure, so your infantry units will be weaker than most Allied divisions which are based on the 9 battallion structure. The Ruskies are using 6-bat as well.

Last edited:
You cannot spam INF in CORE like you do in vanilla, it simply takes much longer to build your units.

JAP will not be able (and that´s okay for me) to crush CHI in two years. You have to deal with the fact that you have to allocate IC to more areas than just ground units. Use your CAS and TAC to reduce your enemies org.

Like you said it´s useful to open up several new fronts. Look for opportunities to encircle and destroy CHI forces. But I suppose that´s nothing new for you ;)

Well no, not really. But that now looks much harder to achieve without highly mobile cav and surplus infantry units. CAV seems to have lost its usefulness in CORE. At least before proper motorization.

You could consider building some Reserve units along with your INF units. Reserves are basically lesser-equipped divisions (lesser support troops and artillery for one), and are quite different from Vanilla's militia. Most countries will heavily rely on RES rather than modern INF. RES will be less powerful, and are considerably weaker regarding attack, but they do provide a bigger bang for your buck. INF units have better stats, but do cost considerably more. The divisions you will be facing in China will be Reserves, mostly, rather than full INF divisions.
Another thing to keep in mind is that Japan is using the 6 battallion division structure, so your infantry units will be weaker than most Allied divisions which are based on the 9 battallion structure. The Ruskies are using 6-bat as well.

Thanks for the input. I'm very much in the dark about RES but had noticed they seem like much more battle-ready units compared to vanilla militia. So yes, I think I will go down that path to boost my numbers!

In my early beta version of the CORE I used for my AAR I had 10% less IC then what you have available so you should be fine. Winning over China is indeed hard labour that's why I decided to attack Guanxi early on to have a two front war going from the start of Marco Polo.

I hope you have fixed the attrition values to +60/-60 as suggested by Tegg before you started to play the game otherwise you will experience issues. There should ebe a hotfix attached actually but looks like devs are very busy with their RL now.

In my early beta version of the CORE I used for my AAR I had 10% less IC then what you have available so you should be fine. Winning over China is indeed hard labour that's why I decided to attack Guanxi early on to have a two front war going from the start of Marco Polo.

I hope you have fixed the attrition values to +60/-60 as suggested by Tegg before you started to play the game otherwise you will experience issues. There should ebe a hotfix attached actually but looks like devs are very busy with their RL now.

Yup, I edited the attrition values accordingly. There's no requirement to activate the changes in-game is there? I hope changes are save game-compatible...?

Any comments on CAV from anyone? Like I said previously they seem to have no real usefulness now that they are just as slow as INF and with worse combat stats then RES...

Considering most Cav of the time became armored or mechanized formations I'd really like to see a transition possible. Even if it is only by event for specific nations.

Any comments on CAV from anyone? Like I said previously they seem to have no real usefulness now that they are just as slow as INF and with worse combat stats then RES...

Here's the example of a speed difference between a cavalry unit and infantry unit. I thought this is the proper indication of unit's speed not the production stats?

I didn't know that but I checked again and there is similar speed difference between a cavalry unit and an infantry unit in the same province. Speed difference is also noticeable from my campaign experience - cavalry units are indeed much faster then infantry ones!

Here's the example of a speed difference between a cavalry unit and infantry unit. I thought this is the proper indication of unit's speed not the production stats?
[/QUOTE]
Very nice pointer, Hister! ;)

Seriously, just wanted to make you note that (even for future AARs from yours :) ) it's easier to make screenshots with "F11", which is faster since you can make how many of them you want in a row.

By contrast, you seem to take them one by one by pressing printscreen and then pasting them to Paint or similar program [I](correct me if I'm wrong)[/I].

That's indeed how I did stuff until now that is - thanx for the tip.
No problem - I guessed so since, when using F11, mouse pointer isn't displayed (which indeed can be a pity sometimes ;) ).

Edit:

I forgot to add that F11 doesn't work for some reasons when you have an event on screen, so this is the only case in which you'll have to keep resorting on printscreen.

Last edited:
Considering most Cav of the time became armored or mechanized formations I'd really like to see a transition possible. Even if it is only by event for specific nations.

It is possible, and for all units...just research the "motorization" techs.

Is it possible for the Germans to change Naval Doctrines to the carrier based one or do they have to stick to the historical route?