• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ColBlimp

First Lieutenant
12 Badges
Jan 30, 2003
Visit site
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
I see in the manual and on the Trade tab that to trade with countries across the oceans you need to set up a convoy. But with the two independent countries on the African continent ( S.Africa and Ethiopia) there is no need for a convoy, which seems strange. Is there a reason for that?

No, both are connected via land route, if you're not at war with your immediate neighbour(s), trade between you and another country connected by land does not require convoys.

Hello i understand what you mean and i realise that with the main European and Asian landmass. But there is no land connection with the African continent unless we are talking about the straits of Gibralter or the Suez canal considered land connections to the main continental mass.
It does seem strange to me i would still have thought you needed convoys to S.Africa especially.

Hello thanks for that... thats what i needed to know and i guess that explains it then. Is there any sort of timespan the further away you trade with anyone to exchange the goods in this game? Especially convoys.

Not quite sure what you mean but the further away the destination of the convoy is the greater the number of convoy ships are required (as more ships are at sea at any one time) but the trades start straight away.