• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Scar_Face

Private
Sep 10, 2005
Ok. I wrote this event for Catalonias tag, a country I basically turned into a hindu philipino kingdom called tongo

event = {
id = 316330
trigger = {
NOT = {
religion = sunni
}
}
country = CAT
random = no
name = "Brunei Invasion"
desc = "Brunei invaded the Tongo and forced the kingdom to adopt Islam"
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1510 }
offset = 60
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1820 }

action_a = {
name = "Found a great muslim dynasty"
command = { type = religion which = sunni }
command = { type = provincereligion which = -1 value = sunni }
}
action_b = {
name = "Do not found the sultanate"
command = { type = stability value = -2 }
}
}

The event doesnt actually fire, but I dont know why. It looks 'right' to me, and I doubt that event id is used. I added in a catalonia eue line to db/events, so I'm not sure what im missing here, or why it wont fire.

Ok. I wrote this event for Catalonias tag, a country I basically turned into a hindu philipino kingdom called tongo

event = {
id = 316330
trigger = {
NOT = {
religion = sunni
}
}
country = CAT
random = no
name = "Brunei Invasion"
desc = "Brunei invaded the Tongo and forced the kingdom to adopt Islam"
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1510 }
offset = 60
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1820 }

action_a = {
name = "Found a great muslim dynasty"
command = { type = religion which = sunni }
command = { type = provincereligion which = -1 value = sunni }
}
action_b = {
name = "Do not found the sultanate"
command = { type = stability value = -2 }
}
}

The event doesnt actually fire, but I dont know why. It looks 'right' to me, and I doubt that event id is used. I added in a catalonia eue line to db/events, so I'm not sure what im missing here, or why it wont fire.
I assume you've read through Havard's EU Editing bible? EU II was the Paradox game I was the best at editing, but I fear that after a decade or more it is not as familiar to me as it once was.

If you start the console ingame with F12 and type
event 316330
does anything happen?
Does a state using the tag CAT actually exist in the game at that time? Without that state an event for CAT won’t trigger.
In which file did you save the event?