• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Updates! Skullduggery, backstabbings, and general to-do! War, peace, and everything in between! Intrigues, desperate last stands, and epic battles! The honour of the Samurai versus cold German cannon!

King of Men, I gotta give to you, you managed to incorporate my little fun goading posts into your AAR. Well, I have replied in that thread in Oscar's honor. due to time, I can't write more, although I wish. I really wanted to parody out of a couple Shakespear plays but no time :(

Alas, no updates this week. We couldn't find a substitute for Prussia, and - with 1864, 1866 and 1871 just around the corner - they're kind of important. Not to mention that the AI would no doubt DoW France right away, just for the hell of it.

Well, we have finished a weekend with two sessions... The first one ran pretty well, the second ran adequately...

All in all, there was A LOT going on even with few major wars. From May of 1861 to November of 1864, the world map has changed considerably. Look for the AARs and diplomacy threats to be updated, by our group, soon...

Links are in my signature if you don't want to go back a page...

Got my AAR up... Geez, its a bit more writing than I had in mind, but hey that's alright because I finished just in time to go watch the Red Sox crush the Dodgers! So all worked out in the end... :D

Bah, you lot are going about this all wrong. You should propagandise for our AAR, like this :

Updates! A belligerent Greece! A united Scandinavia! A disintegrating Russia! Will Britain spank our bad boy? Will Russia re-emerge as a viable state? Can France survive without her colonies? Find out this week in ... the Tides Of War AAR!

This "hey, we got updates, kind of, if you're interested. Um..." goes nowhere.

;)

Incidentally, Scandinavia is also a Great Power, these days, and far more deserving of it than the Netherlands.

King of Men said:
This "hey, we got updates, kind of, if you're interested. Um..." goes nowhere.

Ummm, should I advertise the free booze and hookers then? Or were those just for all the players? :confused:

no, maybe if I had stayed as monarch I would be rutheless and gobble up poland and baltic states, but I am Dem and will try to keep them out of russia and independent till 1920.

This has been one of the more entertaining AAR's to read with all the blatant propaganda being thrown around by every nation, not to mention the Greek bashing in every post. It's amazing how well Greece is doing considering every great power seems to hate them. :D

What caused Russia to implode in such a spectacular fashion? I don't think I've ever seen an AI Russia get ripped apart like that, let alone one under human control.

PriestOfDiscord said:
This has been one of the more entertaining AAR's to read with all the blatant propaganda being thrown around by every nation, not to mention the Greek bashing in every post. It's amazing how well Greece is doing considering every great power seems to hate them. :D

What caused Russia to implode in such a spectacular fashion? I don't think I've ever seen an AI Russia get ripped apart like that, let alone one under human control.

Thanks for the good words. Ya, we do engage in a small amount of propaganda :eek:

Greece is greece... Good explanation? :D

As to Russia, I think that was half desperation as all the nations were released voluntarily, they are just dyng from revolt risk...

The government of Scandinavia objects to the characterisation of our communiques as "propaganda." While we realise that our reasoned and impartial analyses sometimes disappear in the welter of blatant agitation by other nations, we feel it is inappropriate for private persons, not even affiliated with the diplomatic service of any Power, to make such sweeping value judgments.