• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yep, the puppetconquer flaw. Of course it could be that the germans are too afraid of going home when staying armed and looking threatening at the Allies at least delays the trip to Siberia...

AI Droped Paras to save their empty Capitol city?

Am impressed.

It's either that or they just marched the paras in from a province that I could not see. But I want to believe they para dropped them in. This would be the first time the AI defended their capital in a semi-intelligent way.

this is great ^_^
how goes the red rust *cough cough* navy?

Well we have not lost anything to the Yanks, our main fleet is still hanging around the south Atlantic, with our subs. Things should get interesting when Italy joins us and we can move in and out of the Med again. Our construction program is also ramping up, I've been slamming our many builds of CLs, and they are catching up in techs and practicals. There are about 4-6 CVLs under construction they should be done by mid to late 1942 and our first full CV will be done by late 43. I'll start building a bunch more when we get better tech and practicals. The navy construction overall will get a lot more exciting, as I won't be building many more land units.

Italy has always been a soft underbelly for me. You face the same problems as i do when playing massive tank country, losing one division is death, and holding a line isnt possible.

Italy for me is hit our miss, at least when I play Germany, but as long as the enemy has something other than me to shoot at I will be happy :p

wait so now germany is occupied but their forces are around?

Yup :rofl:
BUT, they are currently inactive, they won't move or attack anything, I think they also don't get supplies, reinforcements or upgrades (As all of Germany's IC and leadership are being used by Russia)
They are like zombies or something. But when the time is right and I "release" Germany as a puppet they will get their whole army back. I learned this after I accidentally puppetconquered Finland all those years ago. I just could not live with losing the whole German army, it had to survive to fight another day.

Nice job. When is it going to be war with the Allies? I recommend fortifying the West Wall and land Paras to knock out Britain. You should be able to keep the RAF grounded with Multi-Roles if your INT's don't have the range. Puppet them, and use their navy to knock out the USA. Then either push through Belgium and France a la Schlieffen Plan or land an amphibious force at and drive to Paris with your Red Rollahs. And after that you can wear down USA in attrition around Panama and Central America.

Peninsula Wars

We attack Rome on the 9th of September, not shown is an armored division racing down the eastern side of Italy heading for more VPs.
tZ1vY.png

By the way, I listened to your pleas and have decided to release Zog and the nation of Albania upon the world, may god help us.
Gvkot.png

In northern Italy there is a very large pocket of trapped Italians, I carefully herd them together but do not destroy them. Thankfully my puppets display there usual ineptness and also fail to kill them.
adX0l.png

We capture Rome on the 12th, our doom stack begins to move south to Naples.
GmoT7.png

It is slow going and the city is well defended but on September 30th Naples falls, and with it Italian Fascism.
QTJdI.png

Those fickle Italians could take no more punishment and surrendered to our generous terms.
dYK1K.png

Albania was released as soon as the Italians ceded the territory and the Balkan collection is finally complete. Stalin's obsessive compulsive disorder will be sated for now.
GSXt6.png

This region boasts some of the worlds highest Cyrillic font per square km!

Those effeminate, pale faced frilly-collar wearing, Allies are kindly shown the door out of Italy and back to the degenerate country from whence they came. The thought of all the blood and effort by the Allies that has been snatched away by Soviet military prowess brought a smile to Stalin's face. As did brutally eliminating all vestiges of capitalism and democracy from Italy.
1Nk3Q.png

The New Recruits

Lets take a look at the new naval assets that our army has "persuaded" to aid the Comintern.
NdrxC.png

Italy still has a respectable fleet or at least good enough to keep the Allies busy for a while. My main plan is to close the Med ASAP to keep things from getting out of hand.

Everybody is Kung-Fu Fighting

In early September the situation in China is looking bleak. Being outnumbered is something Russia is very unaccustomed to and we do not take it well.
t0YFB.png

When the grand encirclement strategy failed we tried a simpler plan of attacking the Japanese until they all died.

6RXdz.png

Note the progress that Japanese units have made in Siberia, we actually have no units opposing them. Welp
TxAkB.png

But I have sent a huge army from Germany to deal with these invaders, they are railing across the country now.

RkkJd.png

Overall our reckless attacking plan does not go very well.

But on September 10th a desperate and quite angry attempt to take Beijing resulted in a fortuitous victory. I had believed the city to be too difficult to attack due to its position, fortification and looming stack of defenders, as it turns out those were paper tigers, just a whole bunch of HQs.
MvoVf.png

The capture of this city is a turning point of the battle for China, now my air force have a fantastic base to rain hell down on the Japanese, immediately CAS and INT are flown in from their old airbases in Germany and Russia.

Around September 18th our forces are still poking around deep into the Japanese lines, slowly I will stop being so aggressive and pull back for a more conservative stance.
eDeFm.png

I am actually amazed we lasted this long, this speaks volumes about the weakness of pure infantry armies and combat AI. Also my manly and skillful command :p

By September 28th the situation in China is very precarious, our forces are exhausted after a intense campaign, now they must defend themselves and their gains.
c5BKJ.png

Beijing is especially worrying, the Japs really want it back and we are running out of organized divisions.

The Japanese ruthlessly push forward and by October 9th we are sent scampering back to the start lines of the offensive, although we still cling to Beijing.
iGoYV.png

Not all is lost though. As we are being thrashed in China, the Japanese are getting completely butt smashed in Korea. The combination of overwhelming numbers, a Red Rollah division and a brand spanking new mechanized division (3 mech 1 SP arty) was too much for the depleted and tired Korean garrison. The Japaneses landed fresh troops and used their air force considerably but these were not enough to stop our advance.

Here is Korea on October 4th, this picture sums up everything that has happened in this campaign. Air battles, marine landings, giant stacks of infantry, armor flanking on the coast, badass mech unit raping everything, and rivers, rivers everywhere.
nbNet.png

By October 11th the Japanese in Korea have collapsed, Pusan is about to fall, and thousands will be taken prisoner.
BHWmt.png

As the battle in Asia raged, there was very little action in Europe, OOBs were organized, troops reallocated and our tanks were massed on a new border, two giant ideologically opposed alliances stared down each other in what some people called a Cold War. However there was one interesting move... as soon as Italy and her navy were pacified a small transport fleet loaded with Russia's first marine corps slipped out of harbor, into the Atlantic. Their destination was at first a, now friendly, Dutch harbor in the Caribbean. From there they sailed a few hundred miles north...
Nv0Df.png

Ah yes, the first bit of American soil has been occupied by the Soviet Union.
This is the shape of things to come America. Expect us.

Very good AAR, nice work! I am following this.

Another bug or glitch(or something) from the conquerpuppet. Germany was allied with Italy when Germans were still fighting with you, they were have some expeditionary forces from Italy, after cunquerpuppet they are still Italian Expeditionary forces under the control of Germans. So now, IEF are fighting with their homeland(look at right-up corner) :blink:

My English spelling is not the best, so there can be some mistakes.

Wac a Mole

The world has changed greatly during the course of 1941. Europe is now split into two camps instead of three. There is a communist empire growing in South America and elsewhere, the Japanese are being slowly pushed from their strongholds in Asia and the Americans have opened a new front just as I close another.

On October 14th we begin to round up the shattered remains of the Korean garrison, I estimate around 50,000-70,000 surrendered in the final stand, so much for Bushido.
Ul575.png

There are no miracles for Pusan, it only lasts a few days before surrendering.
mw9tb.png

As soon as resistance in Korea is crushed everything but a a few infantry divisions, left to guard ports, are put on rails and rushed to the Chinese front. But the war in Korea is not over yet there is still one lesson to be learned...

Back in China things have been touch and go ever since our first offensive was beaten back. The Japanese have been assaulting our lines, trying to take back Beijing, while I have been attacking to gain better positions to launch a second offensive and to take pressure off the city. Our air force has been incredibly busy, and has taken an even more important role here than it did in the war for Germany.
X8OpV.png

This is in November 14th, a whole month after to fall of Korea and reinforcements are just arriving. The second (this time it will be legit) battle for China is about to begin.

Other News From Around the World

On October 15th we attack the Panama Canal, unfortunately the US are already in CAG spamming mode where they fill every air base they own with CAGs, our little fleet gets punished by air attacks, we have to break off but do lose a single ship on the way back and Panama lives, Americans have finally won a battle against Russia.
jT7ZN.png

Our fleet limps back to Puerto Rico, thankfully they can abuse the native population to work out their anger of being defeated.
hJqJO.png

After being repulsed at Panama we decided to pick on somebody that is significantly less than our own size. The target is our most favourite whipping boy, Venezuela. This time we can invade their only port first and also hit all their other VPs from amphibious landings instead of matching across land. We also move a huge stack of subs and our whole surface fleet to patrol the area, the USN is not going to get the jump on us this time.
dwj6Q.png

The landings begin, Russian marines are hand picked from hardened criminals with mental disorders and soldiers with a propensity for extreme acts of recklessness and violence. We figure that it is safer to keep these troops locked up on ships and then just dump them on the shores of our enemies. We send the military police to round everyone up after a couple weeks when they have tired themselves out.

After a few quick landings we control all but one VP.
abkLE.png

But then the American's attack! They engage our surface fleet just off the coast of Venezuela.
bb3L7.png

Miraculously we win, I'm not sure how but I'll take it. We sink a whole heavy cruiser too. After this clash I rush our sub stack to support the surface fleet, just in time to because the American's come a knocking again.

lnsGd.png

ahahahahahah, oh my sides. Somehow we win this battle too. America better step up its naval game or start practicing the Soviet nation anthem and being killed in nuclear explosions because that is their future if they keep up this weak stuff.

On November 11th Venezuela surrenders, we conquer them briefly just to vengefully destroy their army then puppet them for ascetic reasons.
JHWa7.png

Meanwhile, way back in the Mediterranean another American plot is brewing.
CYggI.png

On October 15th there was an invasion of Italian held North Africa, we suspect from supposedly neutral British Egypt. Although the American presences seems minimal. We expected swift Italian victory. But after a few seconds of thought the ridiculousness of that statement finally sank in. I shifted a few infantry divisions to a port and pulled back some subs from the Atlantic in anticipation of catastrophic Italian failure.

The End of an Empire (Round Two)

On November 19th our forces are in position for a final crack at the Japanese in China, by this time the two armies that had been fighting are pretty exhausted, only the few tank divisions that were pulled back to recover are ready. I suspect the Japanese are in even worse shape after numerous attempts to take back Beijing. But now a large, powerful and well rested army has arrived from Korea. Japan, hold on to your butts.

We break the Japanese offensive in against Beijing after an ominous stack of fresh troops from Korea march into the city.
oFULo.png

As usual Huanghua produces a spectacularly blood battle, but this time we only used some infantry divisions, not our actual assault force. We send in a blob of tanks to exploit the gap.
r7PC6.png

After only a few days the Japs have been smashed. we race around the bulk of their army for the encerclement that we tried so hard to get before.
qtRrt.png

Seeing an army that had once given us so much trouble and concern being so easily crushed puts huge banana grins on the faces of Soviet High Command, Stalin has to excuse himself muttering that he will be in his bunk. Japanese troops experience tank shock, driven mad by the ferocity and sheer power that has been unleashed upon them. Russian troops invent a new saying for hopelessly outclassed enemies being destroyed by high tech, heavy hitting Russian arms, "They died like Japanese".
bNgNA.png

This is the situation on November 29th, 10 days after the party began. This was perhaps the most satisfying and devastating offensive I have ever had the fortune to launch.

An example of the many crushing defeats suffered by Japan.
forNv.png

37,000 survivors will retreat into a province that is about to be taken by more Russian mobile units.

Hhi7c.png

These poor troops will also surrender.

Don't Get Cocky Now

But as we gleefully beat down the Japanese in China we realize all is not well on other fronts.

With a game like this you are always learning new things, and usally this process is painful. As it turns out you can reach Korea from those silly little islands nearby, Unfortunately I discovered this after it was too late to do anything about it, I rushed some planes to Pusan and what was left of my forces in Korea to try and hold back the Japanese invasion.
729ga.png

I checked on Italian progress in North Africa on November 17th, before I got too busy in Asia, and things were locking pretty good, although the Americans now had a large fleet, and had apparently dropped off more troops, they were still trapped in Tobruk.
jcLsY.png

I looked again after a few weeks had passed and the Chinese front calmed down.

By Marx's Beard, Italy sucks.
6Fpna.png

Looks like we are going to North Africa to finally fight a real battle with our most powerful and evil rival.

It is 1941, Japan is on the ropes, Germany is a memory, Italy is still an incompetent shower of bastards, Britain and France are still natural wusses, Russia is in the Caribbean, America is stepping up to the plate and the real World War is about to begin.

Really, Paradox ( or atleast the HoI III coders ) must hate Italy: no matter what faction they are part of, they're always more of a liability than a asset :D

Are you planning to go to the Japanese Home islands soon ? I reckon that occupying it would be a magnet for American actions there and being yourself a mostly land power, that is not good , but otherwise you will need to leave either a substantial chunk of army in Korea to prevent actions like those you have above , or a good naval patrol there. Neither is ideal ...

*snip*...The landings begin, Russian marines are hand picked from hardened criminals with mental disorders and soldiers with a propensity for extreme acts of recklessness and violence. We figure that it is safer to keep these troops locked up on ships and then just dump them on the shores of our enemies. We send the military police to round everyone up after a couple weeks when they have tired themselves out...*/snip*
So, just any ol' Russian then, I gather?