• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MRF458

Recruit
33 Badges
Mar 13, 2020
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Knights of Honor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Empire of Sin
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
I have been suffering from colored noise that appears while playing for no reason, and it always happens when a sudden change in 3D angle or zoom.
Sometimes when I restart the game, it works; if not, then forever!
I can not describe the issue or search for it, so the easier way is to see my attached screenshots below:

Would you please advise so I could enjoy playing the game again?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 6.33.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 6.33.33 PM.png
    17,4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 6.33.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 6.33.16 PM.png
    18,4 MB · Views: 0
Has this always happened with this game for you? Or only since what change or update?

Please attach here the game log:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/LocalLow/RomeroGames/EmpireOfSin/player.log
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

And DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Has this always happened with this game for you? Or only since what change or update?

C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/LocalLow/RomeroGames/EmpireOfSin/player.log
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

And DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.
This issue has been a long time ago since it was released. I forgot about it then came back to see if any updates have fixed anything!
And I apologize. I forgot to mention that I am using macOS, below are my specs:

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 7.10.32 PM.png

~/Library/Application Support/RomeroGames/EmpireOfSin/Player.log

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.
By the way, I found the "Player.log" file in this path, is it the right one?
~/Library/Application Support/RomeroGames/EmpireOfSin/Paradox/empire_of_sin

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1,8 KB · Views: 0
Sorry, they seem to have changed the location recently. It's now at:
~/Library/Logs/RomeroGames/EmpireOfSin/Player.log

I assume the problem is these errors:
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!
which I do not see in my log.

Please try a **clean** reinstall:

- Remove the game from Steam (uninstall)
- Manually delete all these files and folders, if still there:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/EmpireOfSin/
~/Library/Logs/RomeroGames/EmpireOfSin/
~/Library/Application Support/RomeroGames/EmpireOfSin/
- Install the game again and see if it runs now.

Good luck with that!

I assume the problem is these errors:

which I do not see in my log.

Please try a **clean** reinstall:

- Remove the game from Steam (uninstall)
- Manually delete all these files and folders, if still there:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/EmpireOfSin/
~/Library/Logs/RomeroGames/EmpireOfSin/
~/Library/Application Support/RomeroGames/EmpireOfSin/
- Install the game again and see if it runs now.

Good luck with that!
I did exactly as you mentioned, I played for about 30min, then when one TALK scene started the noise came again.
Attached the are files you requested before:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 12.40.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 12.40.26 AM.png
    27 MB · Views: 0
  • Player.log
    8,9 KB · Views: 0
Those errors are back, so either they are irrelevant or not caused by a bad installation.

At this point I can only assume either a hardware fault here, or a game bug - I haven't played it on my Mac for long enough to see this, perhaps. Simply no time!

I don't suppose you have access to any other Mac to see whether this happens there?

Having same issue. Just purchased the game in its a mess graphically. Mac user also.

I have the same issue. Please help to resolve this.
Attached my system info from steam.
Didn't find my game log at path ~/Library/Application Support/RomeroGames/EmpireOfSin/Player.log
Is it somewhere else?

Attachments

• steam_info.txt
    1,7 KB · Views: 0
They moved it in some recent patch, it is now at ~/Library/Logs/RomeroGames/EmpireOfSin/Player.log

No obvious issues in those files I'm afraid. Was that log taken just after the problem started occurring?

And, what CPU and GPU temperatures do you see when this effect occurs? I use Macs Fan Control for that purpose but there are others of course.

I've experienced the same issue ever since I purchased the game through Steam back in May 2021 on my Mac. The issue has always persisted. I reported it to these forums and was told that they were looking into it. The only fix I was informed about by another Mac user was to change the screen resolution, bump it down or up. This removes the pixelation at least temporarily. Sometimes I have to do this a couple of times over ten minutes and then never again. I find that is originates most often when I leave my starting neighborhood. From there, the pixelation is triggered whenever I scroll outside a building while my crew is inside or randomly during combat when the camera automatically zooms in or rotates. I didn't see anything about this particular issue in the patch notes which is a disappointment. Was really hoping for an improvement there.

If there are posts on this in the Bug Reports forum, please add to one of those (or if too old just make a new one there). Attach to it screenshots, game logs, and Mac hardware info please.