• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nadion

First Lieutenant
26 Badges
Feb 9, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II
with 1.03 i have noticed that some of the national ideas now give a boost to "colonial" IC instead of foreign IC, but I have been unable to work out exactly what this does. modding the value of the colonial bonus and looking for changes, and i haven't been able discern any. as far as I can tell its broken.

can anyone explain what it does (or is at least supposed to do)?

As far as I know colonial IC is IC, that is on non-national provinces across the sea. For example: As the UK, the IC in India would fall into this category.

IF you are happy with my answer, then please join my party, the UHFF in Realpolitik II. Your vote is important!

wait a second... India IS all made up of national provinces to the UK...

I believe it is about territories you own, but don't have cores on... like Ethiopia to the Italians, Egypt to the UK etc.

Foreign IC would be IC from occupied provinces? I don't think that colonial IC must be overseas because the Imperial World View gives a boost for Colonial IC but a malus for overseas IC, which wouldn't make sense in that case....

My guess:

Foreign IC = Provinces without cores.

Colonial IC = Provinces oversea with cores

Oversea IC = Provinces oversea (cores don't matter)