• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey Meneth,
I thought about adding something to Succession, but wanted to ask first and it won't hurt to ask here than in the discussion page over at the Wiki.

On Feudal_Elective there is this regarding nominees:

As experienced in a game yesterday, nominees can as well be anyone with a claim and any foreign dejure duke for the specific title . Even non-dynastic kids of the current ruler if they are landed it seems.
That's about what i would like to add somehow.

I just had a case and its discussion here:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...nd-kingdom&p=15647145&viewfull=1#post15647145

So what do you think ?
Foreign dejure dukes are electors as well ;)
But yeah, do add that bit about claimants. Never knew that myself.

Foreign dejure dukes are electors as well ;)....

Yeah, but i find it's not as obvious, especially for newbies to the game, just like the title holding non-dynastic children part.
I'll go ahead then, add stuff to the file and you can edit that then i suppose.
Cheers

edit: done

Last edited:
Yeah, but i find it's not as obvious, especially for newbies to the game, just like the title holding non-dynastic children part.
I'll go ahead then, add stuff to the file and you can edit that then i suppose.
Cheers

Another thing Newbies might appreciate is something on the actual game controls, like what do to to merge armies and how to get them to move where you want them to go, and to get them on your ships...

The wiki helped me figure out the game tremendously when I found it. Thank everyone who has taken the time to compile and update it. The game is much less formidable when the wiki is used.

Another thing Newbies might appreciate is something on the actual game controls, like what do to to merge armies and how to get them to move where you want them to go, and to get them on your ships...

Err...but that's already in the tutorial or is there something i miss ?

Didn't know about that. Thanks for telling me...

Err...but that's already in the tutorial or is there something i miss ?
A lot of people don't play the tutorial seeing as it isn't all that helpful (and people often have an aversion to tutorials in general).

A clear explanation of the game controls should be added to the WIKI, for the sake of all us Noobs.

that would make learning the basics of the game that muchj easier, which would free us up to enjoy all the rest of the fun this game has to offer.

I only got into this game because of my intense love of Medieval history-a passion of mine ever since I was a kid.

But the game's controls aren't very intuitive.

A lot of people don't play the tutorial seeing as it isn't all that helpful (and people often have an aversion to tutorials in general).

True. The tutorial seems lengthy and not detailed enough when it could be.
Shortcuts....hmmm. The old ones in FAQ here and manual are partly outdated.*sigh*

A clear explanation of the game controls should be added to the WIKI, for the sake of all us Noobs.

that would make learning the basics of the game that muchj easier, which would free us up to enjoy all the rest of the fun this game has to offer.

I only got into this game because of my intense love of Medieval history-a passion of mine ever since I was a kid.

But the game's controls aren't very intuitive.

What kind of game controls besides shortcuts then ?
Could you list some ?

Don't quite understand the question. But I'll answer as best I can...

Some of us new players come either from different gaming backgrounds-MMOs, etc-or they have no gaming experience at all. So what would I like?

A Guide for Dummies is what I would like. Assume that your new player knows nothing at all about how the game operates. So have manuals that explain EVERYTHING in the game; how to merge/move your armies. How to raise ships and get them to the ports, and how to get your armies aboard them.

Information on how many troops/ship would be nice too.

As I've said elsewhere, I got into this game because I love the historical era; and I know how the people behaved then quite well. But troop transport and troop management needs to be explained, and clearly too.

No one would read a guide explaining EVERYTHING in the game. I do wish there was more "official" information about some things, though. Like combat. Where do you learn the difference between light infantry and horse archers? Nowhere, except through experience (of being stampeded by Mongols).

If it was chaptered and indexed properly you wouldn't have to read everything. There would be links to take you to precisely to what you wanted to read up on...

At least I HOPE* there would be...

It looks like visitor numbers have finally stabilized after the release of the Old Gods.
The end result is an increase in visits by 50-60%, with an increase of 50% when it comes to unique visitors.
The average visit duration has gone down a bit (~10%), but this is well offset by the sheer increase in visits.

With the increase in visits we've also gained a number of new editors, but we still need more.
There are currently still 64 pages on the wiki that are considered outdated. If you want to help out, you can see the list here. Even ensuring only a single page on the list is up to date would be a major help.

We're making some progress when it comes to updating outdated pages, but there's still a lot left. I've just finished updating 10 pages for the Old Gods, but there are still 52 to go.
I've changed the category name from "Obsolete" to "Outdated" as that is more fitting, so the list can now be found here instead.
Any help is appreciated. If you update one page or 20 doesn't matter; every little bit helps.

I've created navboxes for the wiki, and every game mechanics page now has at least one navbox, with a few having two.
All the navboxes are featured on this page.
You can also see them all below:
L3be5cg.png

Hopefully this will help people find what they're looking for, and also make them browse the wiki for longer.

I've created navboxes for the wiki, and every game mechanics page now has at least one navbox, with a few having two...
Hopefully this will help people find what they're looking for, and also make them browse the wiki for longer.

May I suggest you revamp the front page to look more like this navbox list? I find the frontpage really confused, lots of chatty comments like "nearing death?" and very little structure.

That navbox list is very similar in arrangement to the 'reference guide' section of the old paradoxian EU3 wiki... and I think would make a much better frontpage: It could replace "useful guides", "categories" and "important concepts", while the "community" section would presumably remain.

May I suggest you revamp the front page to look more like this navbox list? I find the frontpage really confused, lots of chatty comments like "nearing death?" and very little structure.

That navbox list is very similar in arrangement to the 'reference guide' section of the old paradoxian EU3 wiki... and I think would make a much better frontpage: It could replace "useful guides", "categories" and "important concepts", while the "community" section would presumably remain.
I think before redoing the frontpage, the Guides category should be heavily cut down on. I think at least half the articles there can be merged into other articles, which would make things easier to organize in general.
Once that is done, reorganizing the frontpage should become the priority, and with less articles to deal with it should be an easier endeavor.

So if you want to help get the wiki to a stage where we can reorganize the frontpage, check out the guide category and see if there's anything you can merge into existing pages. Most of the articles taken from in In-depth Guide to CKII should probably be merged.

Yup, totally agree about merging the guides... perhaps a raw mechanics page with an associated informal advice page... I'll start having a look through it.

Yup, totally agree about merging the guides... perhaps a raw mechanics page with an associated informal advice page... I'll start having a look through it.
Yeah. Over time I've merged a few of them, most recently the Breeding guide into the main Breeding page.
With say, 10 less pages, and 10 more pages that are quite good, deciding what to feature on the main page becomes easier.