• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX_Pariah

Community Manager
Jul 21, 2020
Hi all!

We have a small update we’d like to share with you about the subscription service for Crusader Kings II.
There are many players out there who are only discovering CKII now, through our subscription service, and we wanted to give you something extra as a thank you. CKII subscribers can now unlock:

• A set of never before released key art and made these available as wallpapers. Available after having been subscribed 45 days. The link to these wallpapers can be shared with anyone.
  • A customised Spotify list with tracks from the various Crusader Kings II soundtracks. Available after having been subscribed 75 days. The link to this playlist can be shared with anyone.
  • A 24 % discount on Age of Wonders III, which can be used at any time while the subscription is active.
As you can see, these rewards do not affect gameplay in any way, and are a small token of gratitude to those who have been active subscribers for a period of time. Two out of three rewards are not exclusive to the subscription, and are meant to be shared with anyone including non-subscribers.

Additionally, we have added a pop up to highlight content of the various DLC packages included in the subscription, which provides a suggestion of an interesting ruler to consider trying out.

hS_eXEh5V4UMS3OAaf706iJNSthZbZsjV5jZ6MYObee25D2O5JbFFvNVbEQAvnZe7ofDiliYOff7vLQItBS1K6E0MuR5gwEAgc9JXh4fyHvpEbRhwHiFyXaIOK_IAyCYQG2I2mnb=s0

Regardless of whether you are a long time Crusader Kings fan or a recent subscriber, we are grateful for your continued support!

If you have an account on Steam, you can feel free to head over and check out the Subscription page HERE!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
  • A set of never before released key art and made these available as wallpapers. Available after having been subscribed 45 days. The link to these wallpapers can be shared with anyone.

Hello,

After buying every DLC at launch date without a single discount, I have to say that I think that you should release this part for every person like me (who has supported your CK2 project from start to finish). How, I do not exactly know, but I would like to at least like to see the wallpapers. It is highly unlikely that I will even use any of these for anything, but I (like others already said on steam) feel a little left out.

Last edited:
  • 10Like
Reactions:
Just like @BurningEGO I bought EVERY expansion, except for a few music ones on release. I'm afraid to think how much I spent on this game. And now, I see that some people get "exclusive" access to some content for paying a fraction of the price, for a few months. Ridiculous. I know it's just wallpaper, a small discount and a a Spotify playlist... but... you know. It doesn't feel right.

I can understand wanting to thank subscribers, but seriously. What the hell. I feel punched in the face.

EDIT: I want to clarify, it's not that I feel upset about missing out on wallpapers that can be shared anyway... To me, this is a problem of a precedent. I now don't know what else will one day become subscription exclusive, and will leave me, a faithful customer, worse off. My trust in Paradox has dwindled over the last few years (mainly due to Imperator and EU4 problems), and little gestures like this, even if they have some good faith behind them, actually worry me more than anything else.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Are you ever going to fix the floating beard bug that seems to affect every Norse and Celtic character? I'll think about getting a subscription when you give this game a final bugfixing patch.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Performance has gotten severely worse with this patch. Admittedly, my laptop only runs CK2 at the minimum requirements, but still, worse is worse, and very noticeable.
Luckily, this patch seems to have no effect on gameplay whatsoever, so I'll just roll back to the previous one.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
There are still many, MANY unfixed bugs in basegame CK2, like cruel, lunatic and impaler characters getting the PTSD event, and you think of the ones that pay the CK2 subscription? If anything, you should make those 'new players' experience even better by fixing those pesky bugs, not just adding... Whatever you've got added.

This update was a big mistake and only broke mods.

• 6Like
Reactions:
All I really want (and have wanted for a LOOOONG time) is a patch to fix the god names bug for pagans (all reformed hellenism players get it, anyone using divine marriage gets it, enatic reform choice gets it, etc.) all the god names get mashed together as one long string of words and names... a fix so ironman doesn't get messed up at reformation would be nice.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I agree 100% with the comments before me.

I have over 2200 hours in CK2. I bought the base game when it first came out, I have bought every single DLC, Music pack and Unit pack ever since. I easily spent more then €200 on CK2, of course I also spent €75 for the Royal Edition of CK3 and plenty on all the other Paradox games. So seeing someone getting these premium features after 45-70 days of CK2 subscription is a gigantic slap in the face.

Instead of thanking someone who pays €5 a month for 45-70 days in 2021, thank your DECADE LONG supporters by fixing the remaining bugs in the game.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I would love to see Paradox address outstanding CK2 bugs (including the ones introduced in the final hotfix/patch). It's understandable that it's unrealistic to resolve every bug in a game (especially one out as long as CK2), but at least fix the major game-breaking ones that community members have been begging for. It would certainly demonstrate how much Paradox appreciates their loyal fanbase.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hi all!

We have a small update we’d like to share with you about the subscription service for Crusader Kings II.
There are many players out there who are only discovering CKII now, through our subscription service, and we wanted to give you something extra as a thank you. CKII subscribers can now unlock:

• A customised Spotify list with tracks from the various Crusader Kings II soundtracks. Available after having been subscribed 75 days. The link to this playlist can be shared with anyone.
  • A 24 % discount on Age of Wonders III, which can be used at any time while the subscription is active.
As you can see, these rewards do not affect gameplay in any way, and are a small token of gratitude to those who have been active subscribers for a period of time. Two out of three rewards are not exclusive to the subscription, and are meant to be shared with anyone including non-subscribers.

Additionally, we have added a pop up to highlight content of the various DLC packages included in the subscription, which provides a suggestion of an interesting ruler to consider trying out.

hS_eXEh5V4UMS3OAaf706iJNSthZbZsjV5jZ6MYObee25D2O5JbFFvNVbEQAvnZe7ofDiliYOff7vLQItBS1K6E0MuR5gwEAgc9JXh4fyHvpEbRhwHiFyXaIOK_IAyCYQG2I2mnb=s0

Regardless of whether you are a long time Crusader Kings fan or a recent subscriber, we are grateful for your continued support!

If you have an account on Steam, you can feel free to head over and check out the Subscription page HERE!
Well that's cool. But what are you going to do to thank those who bought the game and all the DLC (including music + cosmetic) at their full price?

Reactions:
Hi all!

[...]

Your first sentence is pretty incorrect, and it doesn't get better from there.
This is not a small update. This is a huge precedent. After declaring a game utterly ended, mod-breaking updates come in for the people on subscription service alone, and not a single bug fix for either the subscribers OR the long time multiple DLC holders.

One that makes me question whether to buy anymore Paradox DLCs, and has actively stopped me from buying any this weekend as this continues to gnaw at me. I was ready to buy 4-5 of them this weekend, with the sale on, across multiple titles, and at first, I was thinking this post may be a bugfix patch with primarily the subscription members pushing for the changes across multiple arenas, from Reformed Pagan faiths to Byz Emperor and city management to the utter unworkability of the CK2-->EU4 converter.

I see I was wrong, and the philosophy behind this post is frankly appalling. I state again the best way to both make subscribers AND loyal cross-game buyers happy is to first fix what's broken.

If this is the strategy disagreement that Ebba had, I see why she left.

Hours later Edit: Dang it, I really do want Apocalypse and MegaCorp, and that CK2-->EU4 converter, but liiiike I'm sadly gonna wait a few months. Again. And I'm p sad about this, ngl.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
How about just... removing this crap and adding a complete pack?
Are you guys so afraid this will cannibalize CK3 sales?

Reactions:
Oh you silly gooses,

Paradox doesn't care about you, they already have your money. They care about people whose money they don't have yet.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Anyone else recently get an CK2 subscription email like this from Paradox in their Inbox?

It's in poor taste to send a targeted marketing piece to people who already bought CK2 (and much of it's DLC) years ago. The "owned items" on my Paradox Plaza profile (which is where this email links to) shows my significant financial support of the CK2 franchise- why would I want to re-buy what I already own to get a few cosmetic items?

ck2_subscription.PNG

Anyone else recently get an CK2 subscription email like this from Paradox in their Inbox?

It's in poor taste to send a targeted marketing piece to people who already bought CK2 (and much of it's DLC) years ago. ..

Sorry, but this is over the top and a little ridiculous.
It's a newsletter.

A newsletter.

All they know is that you have subscribed to it.
They won't check your synched DLCs for that and expecting this would seem a bit much in my opinion.

Criticise where it's appropriate, but let's not go full hyperbole and diminish the value of justified criticism
by getting up in arms about literally everything.

Reactions:
I have no desire to be rude , but there is no other way to tell you ! :
You must be stark raving mad !
In particular with respect to the pricing !
EA Play Pro is $14.99 and Ubisoft+ is $ 14.99 per month , the latter has 100 games !so you must be seriously nuts to think that the DLCs of one single game should be priced at 4,99€ .
As stated I don't want to be rude but you people have really gone over the deep end.
If this is the sign of things to come then you can be sure that I will stop buying Paradox Interactive games ! I have always thought of Paradox Interactive to belong among the best publishers - at least until screwing up Surviving Mars earlier this year - but you have simply lost it completely recently !

Reactions: