• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That is a _lot_ of gold, I've had like 10k at one point but that was mostly down to a long period of no expansion in a well developed region.

I'll be honest, I usually spend most of my time creating stable de jure kingdoms then making them independent so it might just be a matter of vassals... still though. Well done.

Last edited:
@Nintz , little 'thank' to people that support your thread and post finished games it would not be too, I think .

I typically post the results at the top as a general thank you and congratulations. Forget to do it this time. Will update.

I won a Crusade for Andalusia.....It Created that Kingdom Title.(even though I'm Christian and Irish) I have made it Independent under my grandson, but it is not on the list.

*Even created my first Republic......Republic of Granada with Irish Patricians.....very funny.

Andalusia is on the list actually. Right after Portugal and before Germany. So that counts as one.

* Place a Family Member other than yourself on the thrones of all independent Brittanian kingdoms
Not sure what this means... Scotland, Welsh and Britain? They ususally are gone in 50 years or so. I am new at this please forgive my ignorance.

Yeah, pretty much. Scottish and Welsh nations last much much longer in 1066 than 867 for the record. In more technical terms, all independent nation in the De Jure Empire of Birittania must be ruled by a member of your dynasty.

Surely your relatives would just swallow you up? If someone with claims on your title holds the might of the English army and all you have is Ireland you're going to get butt hurt pretty quickly surely? Also, what if the English king swallows up Wales and doesn't create the Welsh title but the territory still belongs to him and he's of your dynasty?

Be careful who you make kings then. Part of the game is making sure that doesn't happen. And if England conquers Wales and Scotland, that is the only one you need to worry about. All of the others require the kingdoms to be independent.

Getting a family member on the welsh throne can be tricky since the requirement is being welsh.

Truth there, but Wales may or may not be required to form.

That is a _lot_ of gold, I've had like 10k at one point but that was mostly down to a long period of no expansion in a well developed region.

I'll be honest, I usually spend most of my time creating stable de jure kingdoms then making them independent so it might just be a matter of vassals... still though. Well done.

On the last challenge? Yeah, it was a lot. With the Norse raiding though, that wasn't nearly as hard as you might think.

Doesn't count, but I put a lot of options in just in case something like that occurs.

Family Member on the king-level thrones must be also Dynasty member or not. (Eg.: Yours grandson but from other Dynasty, counts or not)

There was seemingly little interest, but I'll put up another game this Friday probably.

My Ireland game just sorta died when I had a Bug after Creating some Republics. In non-Irish Territory. And since Only holding Ireland was one of the conditions I gave up.

Yeah. Alright. It's late, but here you go.

--- Rules ---

1. No console.
2. No mods unless purely cosmetic (font, borders, etc.).
3. Save/reloading discouraged, but allowed for those more casual and faint of heart.
4. Ruler Designer not allowed.
5. Legacy of Rome DLC that enable retinues allowed.
6. Sunset Invasion DLC allowed, though certain challenges may become impossible (or drastically more difficult) if used.

Anything else should be fair game. If you are unsure, ask. Questions, post them. If you want to make it confirmed, post screenshots proving each point. Good luck everyone.

--- Weeks of 7/5/13 - 7/19/13 ---

Requires The Old Gods

1 January, 867, Sultan Muhammed II Aghlabid, Sultan of Africa

* Take all De Jure Africa land
* Obtain a Caliph Title
* Maintain an Arabic Culture
* Survive 400 years as an independent entity (1267)

Can the next challenge be Erik the Heathen? I am trying so hard playing as him to no avail. I would love to see if anyone can succeed and give me some tips :)

Sure. I haven't had a lot of ideas as my CKII game time has sort of hit a wall. That's why I've been less active as well.

When I started the latest challenge I didn't realize that I had to destroy a caliphate and capture a lot of far away holy places to become a caliph myself. Or is there some other way to become caliph? If not, it's going to be a lot more challenging then I first thought :p

When I started the latest challenge I didn't realize that I had to destroy a caliphate and capture a lot of far away holy places to become a caliph myself. Or is there some other way to become caliph? If not, it's going to be a lot more challenging then I first thought
You can marry a Woman with a claim to a caliphate, then make her pregnant and her son (your heir) will have the claim on it too ;)
Then you have to wait until you play that boy and then you can claim the title :)

It's hard work trying to get all the criteria filled in just two weeks. But I really like that it brings purpose to the game. Keep up the great work with the challenges. Looking forward to the next one.

I thought I could get it done in time. But then HRE inherited the Byzantine empire. That made political maneuvering a lot harder.

Well, I think this is pretty obviously dead. For now that is. Overall, I think the idea has a lot of potential, but requires a more refined system, as well as a more dedicated forumite to run it year round. I don't regret what I did on this, but I won't have time to worry about this in the coming year or so, and don't want to leave a loose end hanging about. I hope those who tried it out had fun, though. That was the point after all.

If anyone else wants to take a shot at running these for a while, be my guest. You can keep using this thread, or get a new one. If you all post new challenges yourself, I'll probably be active enough to link them on the front page once in awhile. Though I would appreciate linking back to these older challenges at least if anyone gets a new thread.

If not, I will start these again for sure. Whenever I get back into CKII. Probably not until next March or April, though. I tend to get really into Pdox games around that time, this thread was even made back then.

Regardless of what happens, glad once more for those that participated, and hope everyone that posted (and didn't) had fun while it lasted. :)