• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HottestRod

Associate Product Marketing Manager
May 14, 2018
MonarchsJourney6_FB_Twitter_etc.png

Hi guys!

Thought I would drop here to tell you that the seventh ruler of the Monarch's Journey, Paul I Subic, will be available to play in CK2 on Jan. 11 at 13:00 CET!

Launch Crusader Kings 2 to play as Paul I Subic and earn yourselves rewards you can use in Crusader Kings 3! We will update this thread every time a new ruler pops!

List of Rulers

K̶o̶n̶a̶n̶ ̶I̶I̶ ̶d̶e̶ ̶R̶e̶n̶n̶e̶s̶
L̶l̶e̶w̶e̶l̶l̶y̶n̶ ̶I̶I̶ ̶"̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶G̶r̶e̶a̶t̶"̶ ̶A̶b̶e̶r̶f̶f̶r̶a̶w̶
S̶a̶a̶d̶ ̶M̶o̶r̶d̶e̶c̶h̶a̶i̶,̶ ̶H̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶e̶f̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶B̶a̶g̶h̶d̶a̶d̶
K̶o̶n̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶i̶n̶o̶s̶ ̶A̶n̶g̶e̶l̶o̶s
L̶o̶u̶i̶s̶ ̶I̶I̶ ̶"̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶m̶m̶e̶r̶e̶r̶"̶ ̶K̶a̶r̶l̶i̶n̶g̶
S̶h̶a̶j̶a̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶-̶D̶u̶r̶r̶
Paul I Subic

Learn more about Crusader Kings 3 here!

PS: All rulers remain playable after a new one has appeared.

Last edited:
I like those featured characters they give me a idea what to play and how, otherwise I always have the same game strategy.

Is this game mode achievement compatible though?

Is it intended that only male dynasty members count for the duke requirement? I feel sad that my lovely duchess is not being counted even though she is Welsh.

Edit: This also contradicts the description. There no gender requirement is mentioned.

Wait did the tasks for Konan become unavailable? I thought they said they'd be around for a long time?

Had some fun with this one. HRE made it tough.

England became very powerful taking Ireland, Aquitaine, bits of France. I swore fealty to England, thinking I'd be able to grow nicely on the inside....but HRE then pressed a claim to all the titles held by England during Llewellyn's lifetime.

I grew very slowly inside the HRE before, eventually, winning a crusade for Maghreb in 1309. Thankfully, winning the crusade made me independent without need for a brutal independence war with HRE (80k+ levies) and I swiftly holy warred my way to 9 Welsh Dukes!

And would you believe it, the Plantagenet's still rule a kingdom somewhere...Egypt, as Sunnis!
20191104221741_1.jpg

Had some fun with this one. HRE made it tough.

England became very powerful taking Ireland, Aquitaine, bits of France. I swore fealty to England, thinking I'd be able to grow nicely on the inside....but HRE then pressed a claim to all the titles held by England during Llewellyn's lifetime.

I grew very slowly inside the HRE before, eventually, winning a crusade for Maghreb in 1309. Thankfully, winning the crusade made me independent without need for a brutal independence war with HRE (80k+ levies) and I swiftly holy warred my way to 9 Welsh Dukes!

And would you believe it, the Plantagenet's still rule a kingdom somewhere...Egypt, as Sunnis!
View attachment 523290
The HRE thing is likely just RNG luck. I've run this a few time now and not seen any problems from their direction. Most likely some marriage link or displaced courtiers fleeing to them.

Well done!

This one was a lot of fun, but for some reason it doesn't recognize female vassals (even though I have maximum status of women) for the requirement. Managed to do an invasion of England, then landed a claimant to Ireland, then killed people so he got Aquitaine. Got a relative on the throne of Andalusia from a crusade, killed a bunch of people till I got it, and got Mahgreb in a crusade as well. Muslims never really recovered after the first crusade, making getting all that land pretty easy. The pope made himself the recipient of the First Crusade, getting himself Anatolia, and somehow was the suzerain of the HRE for about a decade or so. As it is now, it's just a matter of time before there's enough male rulers for me to win. Really fun challenge, I liked it better than the previous one.

upload_2019-11-4_22-37-59.png

sorry, I just don't like to play the game that way.
Normally I don't play that way either tbh, just wanted to try something different versus my usual playstyle. I wasn't trying to get Andalusia until several generations later when I was trying to get dukes or kings and saw I was something like fifth in line to take it, and wanted to get the challenge done before I got a bad revolt or something of that nature. I didn't even do anything besides show up and leave in the first crusade, and the Maghreb crusade was about three years before the end date, so why not give it to someone of my dynasty? I prefer staying smaller and growing tall, but I haven't ever grown this way before and it was refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.