Duplicate CK III - Ruler Designer starting at 16 gives Conscientious Scribe education trait every time

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DKayConqueror

Recruit
5 Badges
Jun 4, 2022
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Short summary of your issue
Ruler Designer starting at 16 gives Conscientious Scribe education trait every time

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Whenever I design a ruler and start them at age 16, the game grants them the Conscientious Scribe trait as soon as I unpause. This means that I have two education traits. However, if I choose an intellect education trait, this will be replaced by Conscientious Scribe as soon as I unpause.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Design 16 year old a ruler with any education trait. Start the game. Unpause the game. The game thinks you just became 16 and tries to give you an education trait. it is always Conscientious Scribe.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
When I unpause this game it gives me the education trait.

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Madytenos_867_01_01.ck3
    3,4 MB · Views: 0
  • Coming of Age Glitch.PNG
    Coming of Age Glitch.PNG
    3,4 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
A similar but far worse thing is happening to me.

I am playing as a child character for many years and when I finally come of age it says my stewardship education is invalidated and I get the trait conscientious scribe instead.

Just discovered this bug when my tutor died, I selected another to continue my education and upon turning 16 was given 1 star learning instead of something higher in Stewardship.

Can we get more details how to AVOID the bug at least if this is going to cause succession issues? I have already changed my education manually upon succession so I can't manually select something else other than Stewardship after my tutor dies if that could avoid this.

I've tried to fix this issue in the unofficial patch, but we don't have a hand on the "invalidated education" so either paradox fix it, or you must prey to not be affected by this

Edit: As it wasn't "fixable" a workaround have been found so, we could say it's fixed by the unofficial patch.

Last edited: