• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As with the others, everything looks awesome.
If theres more potential murder plots will that mean the AI characters will kill each other off for no clear reason even more? Thatd be my only worry, otherwise everything looks great.

I don't really plot a whole lot, so any chance that there will be more less-violent ambitions like the ones we had in EU Rome--get character X a title, get this minor_title, go to war with X (for holy wars perhaps), excommunicate X, become a poet, have a grandchild? I guess I get tired of all the cloak and dagger--depending on character traits, it would be better to have everyone believe that your rival is a heretic than to have him die in his sleep.

Finally, how about some childhood ambitions, Johan? There's not much to do when you have to wait for your regency to be up, and your fosterlings should get ambitions, too, that you can approve of or not.

I don't really plot a whole lot, so any chance that there will be more less-violent ambitions like the ones we had in EU Rome--get character X a title, get this minor_title, go to war with X (for holy wars perhaps), excommunicate X, become a poet, have a grandchild? I guess I get tired of all the cloak and dagger--depending on character traits, it would be better to have everyone believe that your rival is a heretic than to have him die in his sleep.

Finally, how about some childhood ambitions, Johan? There's not much to do when you have to wait for your regency to be up, and your fosterlings should get ambitions, too, that you can approve of or not.

Awesome ideas! maybe a fosterling could plot to marry his hosts daughter or something.

Awesome ideas! maybe a fosterling could plot to marry his hosts daughter or something.

One of the ideas I posted on the wishlist involved a "Romeo and Juliet"-style sequence, etc, for childhood sweethearts.

I think the "plots" mechanic has huge potential. How about:

- Plots to spring a prisoner from gaol

- Plots to stir up trouble between two people, causing rivalry or even war

- Plots to discredit someone, or frame them for having a plot (that never really exists)

- Plots to "matchmake" between two characters, leading to friendship or romance (or just rumours?)

Loads and loads of neat possibilities!