Cities In Motion: Design Dreams DLC released!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dannie

Paradox Publishing
10 Badges
Nov 9, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
dd.jpg

Cities in Motion: Design Dreams is now available for 3.99€/3.99$. Find out where to get it here: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/Buy. The vehicles chosen for Design Dreams are inspired by real life vehicles and purely based on community feedback.

Rendered in rich detail some of the world’s favorite cities await the steady hand of a planner to manage their transportation needs in Cities in Motion.
Overseeing the changing needs of people from 1920 to 2020, it’s up to you to manage everything from buses, trams and subway trains to maximize profits while pleasing commuters.

Description vehicles

Tram: Bergstrom Light- The Bergstrom factory is known for vehicles that can handle even harsh environments, and the Bergstrom Light is one of the prime examples. It is also very attractive to customers due to its comfy furnishing and large windows. It is an excellent vehicle for most cities and does well on short distances.

Helicopter:LI-8
- The LI-8 was originally designed for military use, but due to its excellent build it was soon adapted to other uses as well. It has lots of room for passengers and is build solid, the only downside is the high energy consumption. It's still a small price to pay for using this excellent vehicle.

Bus:pavlov 677M
- Pavlov 677M is a fast vehicle with a good capacity. It has a powerful engine and comfortable seats for passengers, as well as space for prams and standing passengers. The engine, despite its power, is prone to malfunctions, but the 677M makes up for it with a low gas consumption and good average speed.

Metro:Galaxie Berliner
- The Berliner, as its name implies, was designed specifically for the Berlin U-Bahn system. It is very sturdy, fast and has superior passengers capacity. Its a good choice for most intercity connections when there are a lot of passengers using the line.

Metro:Ohm M1
- The Ohm M1 is a powerful vehicle with lots of room for passengers. Its sleek and modern look makes it attractive while keeping the vehicle aerodynamic and thus lessening energy consumption.

tram.jpghelicopter.jpgbus.jpgmetro01.jpg

More about the game
Buy the game here: http://www.citiesinmotion.com/buy
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/citiesinmotion
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/citiesinmotion
Webpage: http://www.citiesinmotion.com
Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com

4 euro for 4 new vehicles?

Lol. That's 1/5 of the price of A House Divided! Half of Magicka's price.

I love the game and devs are great, but I refuse to be ripped like this, paying 4 or 5 euro for DLCs of a size of a small irrelevant mod which add close to nothing to the gameplay. It's not just pricing that's off (and god, it's really off by a couple orders of magnitude), it's also the idea that you are actually improving the game with this kind of additions, or that you're selling something exciting and great. You aren't.

Work on the interface, add features, improve gameplay across the board, then we can talk about a purchase. This here is a disgrace and a disappointment.

On the other hand, at £2.99 it really isn't a bad price. DLCs and micro purchases are the way things are going in the gaming industry these days.

Just take a look at Civilization V: For £1.99 you can get a new campaign map. For £2.99 you can get a new faction with up to four unique items and a new scenario. Or look at Anno 2070: For £3.49 you can get a set of themed structure reskins, or two bonus missions and a character portrait.

And i'm sure there are plenty of other examples without even mentioning the £1100+ Railworks cashcow. :p

Yes, but DLC is also ruining the game industry. There were rumors a sequel to Mirror's Edge (probably one of the most awesome games I have played) was cancelled because EA couldn't come up with a sensible way to create DLC's... and I refuse that this will happen:
[video=youtube;h472NmF1HEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ[/video]

It's just a waste of developer time and publisher money if they are going to keep trying to sell us all those tiny packages containing nothing of use.

It's just a waste of developer time and publisher money if they are going to keep trying to sell us all those tiny packages containing nothing of use.
Its only a waste of time if it doesn't make them money. Since more and more games are taking this route, one must assume that DLC's do make money. Yes, bigger and more complete expansion packs are great, but the addition of smaller more frequent content options helps to extend the life of the game and keep players interested.

How does it expand anything, it's just 5 new vehicles. So much to improve in the actual game, for 4 euro I'd expect at least one extra gameplay or interface feature.

Even if you like the idea of them adding a new car or a couple of them, you must admit that the price is just nuts. Can have alpha for Xenonauts for price of 3 of those add-ons.

New DLC!!
I haven't bought the U.S cities yet and now this vehicles. hummm...
Like the bus and the tram... well done.

Nice to see the helicopter, but the devs have to fix some bugs, if you place more than 4 helicopter in the same line they start to get jammed...
and that's annoying.

Small DLC's like this aren't a massive problem, but players need to see where the money is being re-invested. I have to confess, after buying US Cities I was disappointed to see gamebreaker bugs like the Earthquake mission not being fixed rapidly. By all means small DLC like this for "useless" things should be released, but only if the money is visibly going towards new features further down the line and most importantly, fast bug fixes!

Just because you don't think the DLC's improve the game experience doesn't mean other people necessarily think the same way :)

Just because you think they don't think the same way doesn't mean they don't think the same way?

I love the game and devs are great, but I refuse to be ripped like this, paying 4 or 5 euro for DLCs of a size of a small irrelevant mod which add close to nothing to the gameplay. It's not just pricing that's off (and god, it's really off by a couple orders of magnitude), it's also the idea that you are actually improving the game with this kind of additions, or that you're selling something exciting and great. You aren't.

Wait for a Steam sale then?

Delra is right. Quite many vehicle-only DLCs already.
There's nothing wrong making a little money this way (CiM base game was cheap), but I'd like to see CO try to do similar thing as Paradox itself has promised with CK2 (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?889-Crusader-Kings-II-Post-Mortem-Dev-Diary).
Meaning free content patch with every new DLC.
The minimum effort would be at least fixing most bugs from previous DLCs/base before releasing new ones. If there are new DLCs on the pipeline, then the old ones need to be supported simultaneously.

Enabling base game patching and minor gameplay enhancements would be of real value to us.
New vehicle DLCs would be acceptable as means to an end, but not as themselves.

This scheme would enable business also from those us who are in no need of new vehicles.

Last edited:
I have to say the idea of more vehicles to use is a good idea as it gives you the chance to have a variety in your fleet plus with each vehicle having a different capacity it lets you adapt your fleet if the number of passengers on your routes goes up or down you can move vehicles from one route to another.

When I get a chance I'm going to get this DLC as for me I think having new vehicles is part of making the game more enjoyable especially when combing new vehicles and any maps that I make along the way.

Last edited:
The minimum effort would be at least fixing most bugs from previous DLCs/base before releasing new ones.

Right, I´ll have to say I am not amused. The bugs in the US Cities DLC are obviously completely ignored. I would like to play the campaign without a workaround, but I can´t.
If one of the devs would at least talk to the people regarding this issue.
As it is now I don´t feel like I will buy another game from this company.