• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sometimes mods just don't get along. 2 mods might access the same game resource, and interfere with each other's work. This is probably your case.
Mod essentials is just a pack of 6 mods. Try downloading them seperately, and see which one of the mods is doing problems.
You should ask for help from the people who created these mods.

Most Recent Crash

I sent in a crash file a while back and since then have done a few upgrades to my system. Attached are my diagnostics. I should not be having problems, but there seems to be a memory leak somewhere in the game, because closer to crashes I cannot save my work. I get an error "Save Denied, Out of Memory" using both the save option and quick save key.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    29,8 KB · Views: 27
  • error.txt
    67,2 KB · Views: 15
I sent in a crash file a while back and since then have done a few upgrades to my system. Attached are my diagnostics. I should not be having problems, but there seems to be a memory leak somewhere in the game, because closer to crashes I cannot save my work. I get an error "Save Denied, Out of Memory" using both the save option and quick save key.

Hi, The report is from Cities in Motion 2, so please check the tech support and memory issues there: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?680825-Regarding-memory-issues-for-some-users

**UPDATE**
Please disregard this post.

Hey everyone. I hope someone can help me here, cause I honestly don't know what more to do. My game crashes always within 5 minutes of playing after I installed it on my SSD. When I played it on my HDD I had only a few problems, and the game wouldn't crash all the time.

I have the Steam-version of the game.

Problems: There's actually several problems, including:
  • Game crashes
  • Images won't load
  • I can't save my current game
  • Graphics-chaos

For example: I open the game. If I launch it directly from the .exe in the Steam folder, it will not recognize that Steam is running and therefore close the game upon opening the main-menu. So I HAVE to open it from Steam. This is all well and good, and I can start a game with, most of the time, no problems. Then I can probably get around to creating one bus line, at which point I want to save my game. If I try to save my game, it either says "Can't save game: No memory left" or it will simply just crash.
This did not happen when I was playing the game on my HDD. On the HDD, I could load games, save games, and generally just play the game with no big problems. However, after playing for around 20 hours in total, some of the hotkeys stopped working. For example, I suddenly couldn't use the mouse wheel to zoom in or out, or scoop the camera around. Very weird.
But back to the SSD: other times, when I start a game, the colors are all messed up. Either everything is totally pink or totally grey/white/shadowy. Other times the game looks normal, from a distance (quite literally), but all the images of vehicles in the build-menu won't show, and when I zoom close to the ground, the buildings blend together weirdly and I feel like I'm on LSD.
Most of the time though, the game loads properly and everything looks according to my graphic settings. The game still crashes after a short while though, and I still can't save anything. But let me just point out here that all these problems I'm having occurs no matter what, even on lowest graphics or highest graphics and windowed-mode or fullcsreen. At this point, uninstalled and re-installed the game 3 times and nothing has helped.

As for the log_metro.log file - this file simply does not exist on my computer. And I have no Cities in Motion folder in my documents, and not anywhere on my computer, except of course for the one in the Steam folder.

My specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
Manufacturer: Intel
Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Cores: 4

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
Manufacturer: ATI
Chipset: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
Dedicated Memory: 1.0 GB
Total Memory: 2.3 GB
Pixel Shader Version: 5.0
Vertex Shader Version: 5.0
Hardware T & L: Yes
Vendor ID: 1002
Device ID: 68B8
Plug and Play ID: VEN_1002&DEV_68B8&SUBSYS_29911682&REV_00
Driver Version: 14.100.0.0

Memory: 3.2 GB

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
Service Pack: 1
Size: 32 Bit
Edition: Ultimate
Version: 6.1.7601
Locale: 0406

BIOS
Version: American Megatrends Inc. P2.00
Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.
Date: 12/10/09

Display Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Sound Device 1: AMD High Definition Audio Device
Driver Version 7.12.0.7718
Sound Device 2: Enheden High Definition Audio
Driver Version 6.1.7601.17514
Sound Device 3: Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter
Driver Version 6.1.7601.18208

Drive 1 (SSD)
Size: 465.8 GB
Free: 290.6 GB

Drive 2 (HDD)
Size: 465.7 GB
Free: 34.1 GB

Software
Java 7.0.650
Flash
DirectX 11.0
.NET 3.5.30729.5420
QuickTime
Adobe PDF Reader 11.0.7.79

Anyone got an idea or can guide me to where the problem exist?

Last edited:
Hello,

I recently bought this and Cities in Motion 2 on Steam. When trying to play this game, I experience frequent crashes after about 10-15 minutes of play. The game begins just fine, and I experience no frame drops on the main menu. However, as soon as I start a campaign scenario, the frame rate drops significantly and then the game crashes soon after. At one point, I tried to save the game and got an error regarding memory, and the game crashed there too. I have not been able to replicate this, so I can't post the error exactly.

Cities in Motion 2 works absolutely fine with no issues, and I have played that game for about 15 hours; meaning the problem seems to be solely related to Cities in Motion 1. I think it may be a memory leak, but I'm not sure.
View attachment log_metro.txt
View attachment DxDiag.txt

Here is somethings you could check:

1) Delete settings.script file inside %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Cities In Motion\ and restart the game.

2) Make sure you have no mods installed. If the game runs without any mod, you will need to install the mods one by one to see which one is the problem.

3) If you have a laptop with two graphic cards, make sure that you are not using the integrated one. Intel-integrated graphic cards are not supported.

4) Try running the game in windowed mode, instead of full screen. Inside the main folder of the game run Config.exe. Uncheck Full screen mode. Hit Save and Start.

5) Reboot the PC. (if you haven't do it in almost a month) :)

6) Uninstall and reinstall the game.

7) Close all programs running in the background. Specially anti-virus.

8) Update your video drivers: visit your sound, video, and 3D card manufacturer's websites for the most recently available drivers for the components in your system.
nVidia (GeForce): http://www.nvidia.com
ATI (Radeon): http://www.ati.com

If you already have the latest version of your graphics card driver and the game is still not working, uninstall it and install the driver that came with the card, even if its an old version. (Specially for latops)

9) Is your video card / 3D card supported for the game?
Check minimum requirements or visit Can I run it? website and select Cities In Motion. http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

OS: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7, OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later
Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core or higher
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800/ATI Radeon HD 3850 or higher with 512 MB RAM, OpenGL 3.0
*Intel-integrated graphic cards are not supported.

10) Try running the game directly from the executable file in the game's installation directory, instead of starting the game from the start menu or the Autorun menu. If you have a Steam version of the game, run directly from the executable by going inside Steam folder\steamapps\common\cities in motion\Cities in Motion.exe.

11) Check if you have installed the latest patch. http://citiesinmotion.wikispaces.com/Patch
To see what version of the game you have, open log_metro.txt which you can find:
on Windows, in your User document folder in the sub-folder Cities in Motion (%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Cities In Motion)
on Mac, in /Users/*username*/Library/Application Support/Cities in Motion

Look at the second line, something like Version: 1.0.21.

12) If you have an ATI/AMD/Radeon graphic card, try a start-up fix, provide in this website.

13) If your computer is running too hot while playing Cities in Motion:
Cities in Motion does not limit FPS by default. This can potentially cause overheating of your computer. Navigate to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Cities In Motion\ on Windows or /Users/*username*/Library/Application Support/Cities in Motion on Mac.
Open settings.script in your text editor. Find the line $fpsLimit = 0.0, and set it to whatever you want to limit your FPS to. For example $fpsLimit = 60.

Poor performance on High end computers:
On Settings, in the game menu:
- Enable the system Cursor.
- Disable Vertical Sync

AMD\ATI Graphic card users:
If you get low frame-rate or the screen "flashes" try this:
- Open Catalyst Control Center and go to "Gaming" tab.
- Enable "Triple buffering" under OpenGL.
You can also enable Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic-Filtering in the control center, while turning them off in the game options.
Thanks bythelee for the tips.

[Linux] Live in America, Scenario 1 crashing
(Via Steam forum)

It loads and then just crashes (before giving the button to start the level).

When running from the command-line, the output is as follows: (skipping GL extension output)
Code:
Setting /random/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Cities In Motion
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2
Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.65
GLSL Version: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Extenstions: <snip>
Red size: 8 bits
Blue size: 8 bits
Green size: 8 bits
Alpha size: 0 bits
Color buffer size: 24 bits
Depth bufer size: 24 bits
MSAABuffers: 1
MSAASamples: 2
Double buffered: 1
HWAcceleration: 1
VSync: 1
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 73010
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561198078876720 [API loaded no]
Cities In Motion.bin: malloc.c:3684: _int_malloc: Assertion `(unsigned long) (size) >= (unsigned long) (nb)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Running 64-bit Arch.

Don't quickly see the actual core dunp...

The main campaign and the tutorial start up. Haven't tried the others...

log_metro ends abruptly:
Code:
[noparse]
Opened log in "userdata/log_metro.txt".
Version: 1.0.22
initializing FMOD...
[done]
initializing OpenGL-window...
Loaded language "en_US"
Engine initialization finished
User folder: /home/mohag/.local/share
Loading ui...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/germany"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/humble"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/london"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/mappack01"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/munich"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/paris"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/stationpack01"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/stpetersburg"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/tokyo"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/ulm"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/usa"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack01"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack02"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack03"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack04"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack05"...
[done]
Loading achievements...
[done]
Loading main menu...
[done]
Steam initialized
Start scenario "addons/usa/scenario/usa01.scenario"
Loading game...
[mohag@mohagpc ~]$ 
[/noparse]

Instructions on getting the actual core dump? (Or any idea where it gets dumped)

Specs:
Core 2 Quad Q9300
8GiB RAM
Arch Linux 64-bit
Kernel: 3.17.6-1-ARCH
Graphics detail in CLI output above

Hi, (Sorry I didn't see this thread before and started one outside, so I'm putting here.)

I need help regarding my steam copy of Cities In Motion. I have been playing for quite some time and made it to the Vienna scenario. Just today when I load the game, after about 10 seconds the game freezes and it crashes back to Desktop. I have tried to reload my game multiple times but it resulted in crashes to desktop, verify my game cache but nothing seem to work at all and the game is unplayable now.

Please have a look at my MDMP file and also my DxDiag.txt file for reference.

Would very much appreciate any help. This game is great and I really want to continue playing it again.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    80,6 KB · Views: 14
  • cities in motion_2117156_crash_2015_2_12T15_53_18C0.7z
    11,3 KB · Views: 16
Code:
Fatal glibc error: malloc.c:4288 (_int_malloc): assertion failed: (unsigned long) (size) >= (unsigned long) (nb)
[Linux] Live in America, Scenario 1 crashing

(Via Steam forum)

It loads and then just crashes (before giving the button to start the level).

When running from the command-line, the output is as follows: (skipping GL extension output)
Code:
Setting /random/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Cities In Motion
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2
Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.65
GLSL Version: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Extenstions: <snip>
Red size: 8 bits
Blue size: 8 bits
Green size: 8 bits
Alpha size: 0 bits
Color buffer size: 24 bits
Depth bufer size: 24 bits
MSAABuffers: 1
MSAASamples: 2
Double buffered: 1
HWAcceleration: 1
VSync: 1
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 73010
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561198078876720 [API loaded no]
Cities In Motion.bin: malloc.c:3684: _int_malloc: Assertion `(unsigned long) (size) >= (unsigned long) (nb)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Running 64-bit Arch.

Don't quickly see the actual core dunp...

The main campaign and the tutorial start up. Haven't tried the others...

log_metro ends abruptly:
Code:
[noparse]
Opened log in "userdata/log_metro.txt".
Version: 1.0.22
initializing FMOD...
[done]
initializing OpenGL-window...
Loaded language "en_US"
Engine initialization finished
User folder: /home/mohag/.local/share
Loading ui...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/germany"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/humble"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/london"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/mappack01"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/munich"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/paris"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/stationpack01"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/stpetersburg"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/tokyo"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/ulm"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/usa"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack01"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack02"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack03"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack04"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack05"...
[done]
Loading achievements...
[done]
Loading main menu...
[done]
Steam initialized
Start scenario "addons/usa/scenario/usa01.scenario"
Loading game...
[mohag@mohagpc ~]$
[/noparse]

Instructions on getting the actual core dump? (Or any idea where it gets dumped)

Specs:
Core 2 Quad Q9300
8GiB RAM
Arch Linux 64-bit
Kernel: 3.17.6-1-ARCH
Graphics detail in CLI output above
Hello, I have the same bug on arch linux. But the bug happens on Paris, when I go on the west train station, my game crash and I have the same error :
Code:
Fatal glibc error: malloc.c:4288 (_int_malloc): assertion failed: (unsigned long) (size) >= (unsigned long) (nb)
I think, this is the same bug as JChew.

The bug isn't here when I launch the game with proton but there are other little bugs.

Last edited:
Good afternoon. I don't really have a "breakdown" of the game, I have incomprehensible multicolored flashes (Red, blue and green) all over the map on a clean, unmodified, newly installed game, which somewhat interferes with playing.

I'm sorry if I made a mistake in the forum, it's just the first time such a problem that I can't find a solution on the Internet and turned to support...

Laptop MSI GF 63
i5 11400
8gb ddr4
3050ti 4gb

So, I solved the problem with color flashes. It was only necessary to turn off the SHADOWS! So the problem is somewhere in the work of shadows, you don't have to thank.

Last edited: