• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

supersub_42

Recruit
27 Badges
Feb 13, 2015
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
Hi All,

I have recently bought Cities In Motion 2 on Steam (absolutely love it) however i seem to be falling at the first hurdle.

On the very first mission the first objective is to gain 15% coverage, now at the moment i seem to have covered a very large part of the city with lots of varied active lines and have completed a lot of sub-quests yet the % on my main objective has not risen even by 1%.

Please can somebody tell me where i am going wrong? I so want to love this as much as the first installment.

Thank you,

supersub_42

If I remember rightly coverage is based on how many intended trips can be completed using your network, rather than a straightforward "20% of map area is covered". So if someone living next to a stop on Bus Line 3 wants to go to a cinema next to a stop on Tram Line 2, but those lines are not connected (either directly or indirectly), then even though the two points are individually covered by your services the actual intended trip isn't.

It's not very well explained in-game, but it fits with CiM2 being all about the network rather than individual lines operating independently. Another thing to consider while you're getting your head around it is your trip coverage will fluctuate day by day and hour by hour - in the morning on a weekday you might cover 5% of intended trips (i.e. Cims going to work) but in the afternoon or weekends only 2% because they all want to go shopping now and their shopping destination(s) isn't on your network.