Cim Floating garden wall near Elavated Metro Line (Picture)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Barkydog

Second Lieutenant
3 Badges
Feb 27, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • 500k Club
Hi Guys,

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the techinical support thread as it's not something that bothers me it made me laugh when it happened.

I was building a housing area next to my new station on my elevated metro line and I started to put in garden walls around each house and I got all the walls in but then I went to the house next to the Elavated Metro Line to put the garden wall in there and when I tried to put in the wall on the side facing the metro line the wall won't go on the ground next to the house as it should. Instead when I put it in place it sort of floats next to the metro track.

I've got a screen shot here as I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

floatingfencemappicture.jpg

Maybe I'm not allowing enough room to place the wall or something but to my eyes there looked to be enough room to put in place so I'm just wondering what you guys think?

You probably hit page up by mistake. Just hit page down and your garden wall will be back in the ground.

So, if you want to elevate objects, press PageUp, the opposite, PageDown.

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your help I've now got the garden wall put in and the house now has an enclosed garden to keep it looking good. I'm still learning how things work with the game and that's the nice think about the forum community here as I learn something new each time I sign into the forums.

Thank you both again for your help. :cool:

Hi Ozwally,

Thanks for your advice about the walls I'm still practicing with it as I try and put a bit of variety in fences and walls for housing etc I've even given houses a hedge wall as their surrounding garden fence but that looks weird like the person living in the house hasn't trimmed the hedge for a while. :D

One think I've noticed that if you are putting in large area's of fencing say for example you are providing fences for one whole row of housing I've found the mouse slows down after placing a lot of fencing so I now make sure I do multiple saves so I can try and lay fences down a bit faster. Since it tends to speed up a bit after doing a save on the map.

But one thing that would be good would be a click and drag function when placing hedges, Walls and fences that would cut down on the time it takes to put in fences especially in a large suburban area.