• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Won't there be a mind-numbing, number-crunching estimation of province wealth based on their CK-value? :cool:

No, on the grounds that there's not very much a CK player can do to affect this. So we can use the vanilla EU3 values and screw over one set of people, or the CK values and screw over a different set, or a compromise and shift the screwing-over around; but there's not an obvious way to get the skill of the players involved. All you can do is move the pain about. It's not worth my time to code a complicated algorithm for that. That said, if a player or a peanut has a good idea for how CK values that involve player skill should affect EU3 basetax, I'm willing to listen.

Incidentally, for those peanuts who haven't been following the conversion discussion, a brief rundown:

• All CK nations convert as Latin tech with Western units; tech levels are three across the board.
  • Wherever possible, a CK vassal becomes an EU3 vassal; most EU3 vassals are also buffed quite a bit by absorbing CK vassals that there wasn't a tag for.
  • Starting armies and navies are based on CK manpower and number of ports.
  • Starting sliders are based on laws, power levels within the demesne, and courtier educations. Centralisation is based on the relative power of vassals. Many powerful Dukes means low Central. Land/Naval is based on the ratio of coastal to inland provinces.
  • Gold converts on a logarithmic-ish scale; most players should get a few hundred starting gold. CK prestige converts at a rate of 100 to 1, capped at 1000. (That is, you can't start with more than 10 EU3 prestige (or less than -10) from acquiring CK prestige, on the grounds that it's much more powerful in EU3 and way easy to get in CK.) Badboy converts one for one. Piety becomes legitimacy.
  • Advisors come from skilled courtiers. I should problably tone this down a bit, there are a lot of five-star and six-star advisors in the starting lineup. Cardinals come from courtiers with the best Church education.
  • For customising the nations, we use an auction system. First we calculate a Dynastic-Glory-like score; note that it's weighted differently, not exactly equal to DG, even though we often refer to it as 'DG'. These points are then used to bid for national decisions that are tag-specific in vanilla (with a few of the most powerful, like the Theme System, removed), slider moves, starting prestige/legitimacy/papal influence, starting magistrates/colonists/etc, bonus tech levels, and starting as elector and/or emperor of the HRE.
  • The HRE is made a player institution; only those states that bid on electorships and got them start out as member states of the HRE, and only their capitals are part of the empire.
  • ROTW nations are buffed considerably, in the expectation that they will be played by people who don't want to be speedbumps.

Even if land is not as great in EU you gotta remember that this is megacampaign and more land still is better in Vicky and HOI for various reasons namely MP, resources, strategic depth.

Strategic analysis be damned; most of you lot are occupying Roman territory. And the rest of you are just barbarian tribes, to be brought under the true God-given sovereignty as time and resources permit. Persia, I admit, is not a barbarian tribe, but a kingdom that has never been part of Rome. Nonetheless they have broken the Treaty of Eternal Peace and will therefore be destroyed as time and resources permit.

Rome prevails!

Strategic analysis be damned; most of you lot are occupying Roman territory. And the rest of you are just barbarian tribes, to be brought under the true God-given sovereignty as time and resources permit. Persia, I admit, is not a barbarian tribe, but a kingdom that has never been part of Rome. Nonetheless they have broken the Treaty of Eternal Peace and will therefore be destroyed as time and resources permit.

Rome prevails!

Persia broke the Treaty of Eternal Peace?

Disambiguation: I'm not referring to the treaty between Rome, the Caliphate, and Persia signed in 1261 and ending the Two Emperors War, but rather the Eternal Peace between Rome and Persia signed in 532 and broken by Khusrau the Great's invasion of Syria.

Some of us didn't come off the steppes three hundred years ago, you know!

Don't let Blayne and Golle know that you're planning ahead for the future games of the campaign!

???

I'm already planning ahead, in charge of the converter and all ^-^

*tongue firmly in cheek

Rome prevails!

Did you just swear to destroy me?

Did you just swear to destroy me?

Well, you'll note that my reason for doing so dates from 540. So, you know, it's not an immediate priority. :D

You were not aware KoM is in it for the WC? :p

It's just that I thought KoM would have had the tact not to use "as time and resources permit" twice in such rapid succesion.

Oh, and also not to alienate his closest ally just after losing a rather big war.

With DW, land has become pretty useless, unless you have the magistrates to build a lot of stuff in it. Russia currently converts with more land than it can possibly develop in 400 years...

I'm waiting on some patching before I get Divine Wind, but I must say, that sounds like a really, truly horrible problem to have. Perhaps you should voluntarily downsize? :p

But anyway my point is that there is not much EU3 MP to speak of within KOM's borders, unless the base MP has been significantly changed from IN. For example, there are Russian 2-basetax backwater provs with more base MP than Constantinople.

(The theme system decision does somewhat help to make up for low base MP, assuming Croatia hasn't displaced KOM as Byz by the time you guys convert, but it is still not great land)

I mean this is the Norway player who lost Scandinavia . . .

But came out ahead in the end if I remember correctly. It is also the Antioch player who lost Antioch and Byz player who twice lost Constantinople, 'ol boy likes to bet the house on most hands. ;)

[*] Gold converts on a logarithmic-ish scale; most players should get a few hundred starting gold. CK prestige converts at a rate of 100 to 1, capped at 1000. (That is, you can't start with more than 10 EU3 prestige (or less than -10) from acquiring CK prestige, on the grounds that it's much more powerful in EU3 and way easy to get in CK.) Badboy converts one for one. Piety becomes legitimacy.

Should the BB to convert with some rating as well? I mean, 10 Infamy is not as bad as 10 BB in Eu3, and the really nasty events starts hit only after you are above your limit, its still IMO only equalent of mediocore realm dures.

How about cultural tradition? In DW it comes important becouse you really cannot waste magistrates to get it increased...

But anyway my point is that there is not much EU3 MP to speak of within KOM's borders

It's not like he hasn't tried to expand them... :p
The theme system decision does somewhat help to make up for low base MP

No country-specific ND's in our conversion game :D

...(The theme system decision does somewhat help to make up for low base MP, assuming Croatia hasn't displaced KOM as Byz by the time you guys convert, but it is still not great land)

..Incidentally, for those peanuts who haven't been following the conversion discussion, a brief rundown:

• All CK nations convert as Latin tech with Western units; tech levels are three across the board.
  • Wherever possible..
  • Starting armies ..
  • Starting sliders ..
  • Gold converts on a logarithmic-ish scale; most players should get a few hundred starting gold. CK prestige converts at a rate of 100 to 1, capped at 1000. (That is, you can't start with more than 10 EU3 prestige (or less than -10) from acquiring CK prestige, on the grounds that it's much more powerful in EU3 and way easy to get in CK.) Badboy converts one for one. Piety becomes legitimacy.
  • Advisors come from skilled courtiers. I ...
  • For customising the nations, we use an auction system. First we calculate a Dynastic-Glory-like score; note that it's weighted differently, not exactly equal to DG, even though we often refer to it as 'DG'. These points are then used to bid for national decisions that are tag-specific in vanilla (with a few of the most powerful, like the Theme System, removed), slider moves, starting prestige/legitimacy/papal influence, starting magistrates/colonists/etc, bonus tech levels, and starting as elector and/or emperor of the HRE.
  • The ...
  • ROTW...

..no themes.. :(