• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Miyokari

Captain
133 Badges
Jan 3, 2011
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
In one of the features in the DLC we are supposed to create our own empire, we will be able only to do what was stated in latest dev diary, or we will be able to make our own name and coat of arms? (As it was advertised I believe).

I believe that you can already edit names of titles and locations. I don't think we will be able to change coat of arms however, unless they rework it so it's not pre-made picture, but rather something similar to current House Coat of Arms editor.

I just assumed that your empire's coat of arms would just adopt your kingdom's coat of arms. I don't think you'll be able to change the localization of the title (i.e. King vs. Lord vs. High King vs. whatever), but with the customizer you can change the name of the realm and the adjective to describe it.

In one of the features in the DLC we are supposed to create our own empire, we will be able only to do what was stated in latest dev diary, or we will be able to make our own name and coat of arms? (As it was advertised I believe).

Just read the dev diary. The answer is there:

"Along with this comes new support for modders to dynamically change the coat of arms for any title through events or decisions or via the history files."

Just read the dev diary. The answer is there:

"Along with this comes new support for modders to dynamically change the coat of arms for any title through events or decisions or via the history files."

That's not necessarily going to be available in game though as an option to change the coat of arms, just that a trigger can be used to change which CoA a title uses through an event or decision.
It might make it into game, but even with that it sounds like it's a case of there being perhaps 4 or 5 CoA per realm, and being able to change to any of them by event, in a similar way to Victoria 2 changing flags based on government.

That's not necessarily going to be available in game though as an option to change the coat of arms, just that a trigger can be used to change which CoA a title uses through an event or decision.

I don't think they would specify "for modders" if it was an in-game feature, so it's reasonable to assume it is not in-game.