• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FunGaming

Major
7 Badges
Nov 24, 2013
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
I just been playing and all of a sudden i noticed there are a lot of characters that are not AI controlled, what is going on here and how can this be fixed so everyone is AI controlled except my own character

In their charinfo screen it says AI Control: No means they dont make any decisions on themself, its weird a lot of characters are without AI control and a lot of them are, tried new games and same problem

If they are courtiers, then that's working as intended.

Ok so thismeans they will not reproduce or get married without intervention, as in they dont marry on their own. I had to marry 2 people and i had to impregnate the wife of the one character with a cheat or she wouldnt get pregnant and then the weird thing happened after she delivered the baby i had to name the baby because the screen popped up, so this is how it should be ? Im kinda confused so just checking as i havent played in a long time

Also one character is a commander in my court and he is also not ai controlled, is this correct ? He doesnt own any land though

Ok so thismeans they will not reproduce
This still happens if they are married or have a lover, otherwise marrying your kids would leave them childless.

or get married without intervention
No they won't, unless an event triggers that marries them, e.g. in republics unladed males of the patrician dynasty will find their own random wives by event if you leave them unmarried long enough.

i had to name the baby because the screen popped up, so this is how it should be ?
Where they your dynasty? Can't remember if it happens for every birth i your court but yes its how its supposed to work. Events and such still fire for courtiers and they join and start plots, but they don't have the true character ai used for rules because most game feature aren't relevant to them.