• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Danvis

Sergeant
21 Badges
Sep 26, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hi all,

So one of my ancestors repaired the schism and Orthodox became the main Catholic religion.
My current character decided to go Catholic so I rolled with it.

So I've got all my subjects to convert to Catholicism and they're converting their subjects, etc.

The only problem is - we're all heretics.
Is there a way to change the "mainstream" religion from Orthodox to Catholic?

If you convert enough Orthodox provinces to Catholic it should be the new mainstream and Orthodox should become a new heresy. To increase chances of province conversion try and keep the moral authority high, if any Catholic holy sites are owned by Orthodox characters revoke those titles and give them to Catholics.

Hi all,

So one of my ancestors repaired the schism and Orthodox became the main Catholic religion.
My current character decided to go Catholic so I rolled with it.

So I've got all my subjects to convert to Catholicism and they're converting their subjects, etc.

The only problem is - we're all heretics.
Is there a way to change the "mainstream" religion from Orthodox to Catholic?
If you convert enough Orthodox provinces to Catholic it should be the new mainstream and Orthodox should become a new heresy. To increase chances of province conversion try and keep the moral authority high, if any Catholic holy sites are owned by Orthodox characters revoke those titles and give them to Catholics.

IIRC you need to make sure that the number of provinces following the heretical religion are 5 higher than the number of provinces following the mainstream religion for the status to flip, though I might be slightly off on the number.