• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Norfolk_Chris

Captain
5 Badges
May 2, 2013
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
I have just purchased the new 'Euro Cites' building set. It's nice to have a new set of buildings but it it would be much better if we have more access to use them.
Currently to use the new building we have to select them at the initial map creation point. Once selected this cannot be changed!
I understand there may be some issues preventing access to both building sets simultaneously.
  • Could it be made possible to change the building set on a map with roads in place but without any buildings?
  • Or even better on a completed map with the proviso that all existing buildings will be demolished in the process?
  • Or even better still on a completed map with the proviso that all existing buildings common to both building sets will be retained whilst all others will be demolished in the process?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Workaround for changing the graphics set: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...tion-Today&p=17052581&viewfull=1#post17052581
Works even with buildings on the map, any unsupported buildings will not be displayed after changing the graphics set.

I'm not sure if this method continues to work if CO changes anything in upcoming patches if there are already streets and/or buildings on the map.
E.g.: The streets stay in the default theme... even when changing the pack to european.
At the moment, even in the editor one can built both roads, american and european, not matter what graphics set is selected.

Of course, if CO would implement a feature to change the graphic pack in the game while using their own map engine it would be better.
However, my workaround works for now ;)

I'll have to direct this to someone with more technical background, but the basic idea is that you can have only one set for building the city. I'll have to check what's up with the roads though. I doubt we'll ever have the chance to adding options to changing the set midway.

I'll have to direct this to someone with more technical background, but the basic idea is that you can have only one set for building the city. I'll have to check what's up with the roads though. I doubt we'll ever have the chance to adding options to changing the set midway.
For all the maps I tested it on, it worked flawless.
All USA buildings disappeared, the shared buildings stayed on the map.
All roads seemed to be changed to the EU Layout, since all traffic lights are EU-style.
The same happens if you build US-roads in an EU-map in the editor (since both street styles are presented there). After saving and loading the map, all roads have changed to the EU-layout, even the ones that were built as US-road.

Last edited: