• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

0rth0d0xypr0xy

Second Lieutenant
24 Badges
Apr 25, 2021
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Is this possible? I've noticed people request this before, however in my circumstance I'm wanting to alter Avignon from a temple holding into a castle for the purpose of an upcoming AAR.

I'm more than willing to use console as my particular role play will involve multiple mods and a heavy usage of console to bequeath the Orsini's with Venaissin province which I seek to make a duchy - either non-titular or dejure.

Thanks in advance and hope this can be answered in time for my AAR.

Edit: I've chanced upon Carmichael's Destroy & Convert Settlements v.10 mod, but sadly appears to cause game to crash. Will try tomorrow when using a more powerful computer - just thought I'd mention this.

Last edited:
Hmm, can't you just modify it in the savegame? (Remember to save as uncompressed.) I.e. find a suitable castle somewhere else in the savegame and just copy-paste all the info from there into the Avignon entry.

And remember, copy-pastecopy-paste never fails!

(Edit: Renaming something from LongName to ___LongName make them easier to find in savegames.)

Hmm, can't you just modify it in the savegame? (Remember to save as uncompressed.) I.e. find a suitable castle somewhere else in the savegame and just copy-paste all the info from there into the Avignon entry.

And remember, copy-pastecopy-paste never fails!

(Edit: Renaming something from LongName to ___LongName make them easier to find in savegames.)
Much appreciated @Andrew0Red, I've tried it again and does indeed work. I'll be commencing my AAR officially from tomorrow, although I've had plans to do so for quite some time. Having been pinged I've now got ample opportunity to complete this now! It remains to be seen if I can modify user files enabling a dejure Duchy of Avignon, but have got the ball rolling with a non-titular given to Giovanni Orsini (b.1204) starting from 1st January 1274.