Celebrating One Year of Age of Wonders 4!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FangirlCrazily

Second Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
Feb 7, 2023
Dear AoW Community,

Today, we celebrate the first anniversary of Age of Wonders 4! This milestone could not have been achieved without you, our fans and players. Our journey with Age of Wonders began nearly three decades ago when Triumph’s co-founder, Arno van Wingerden, and I envisioned creating a genre-blending strategy role-playing game. This dream allowed players to govern a fantasy realm set within an expansive, magical world.

Age of Wonders 4 is our most successful execution of this vision to date. It offers unprecedented freedom in faction creation and strategic development, enriching both the core gameplay and role-playing experiences. This first year since release, with its intense development and feedback cycle has made the game even better.

A heartfelt thank you to our talented developers and to you, our community, whose ongoing support and feedback have been integral to this success.

A Gift of Appreciation

In gratitude, we’re excited to announce a gift: an update that includes both a standard and exotic Raptor Mount and a Dragon Scale Interface skin. This update will automatically be available on all platforms starting May 2nd.

1920x1080.jpg

Looking Forward

And there’s more good news. Triumph will continue to develop Age of Wonders 4 beyond the current Premium Edition. We are working on more free updates and thrilling premium content. We're eager to share more details with you after the summer. But first, get ready for the Eldritch Realms expansion in June!

Thank you once again for your support!

Lennart Sas
Game Director and Studio Manager
Triumph Studios

Age of Wonders 4 in Numbers​

Which culture is the most popular? How many rulers were created? Which is the least popular faction? Should we be worried about the dire penguins? Check it out now as we collected some facts for you!

AoW4_Infographic_FULL (2).png

Thank you so much for your support, let’s start the celebration!

Be the first to get information about Age of Wonders 4:

• 34Love
  • 19Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Great news on the continues support, i strong believe that AoW 4 is the best entry in the series yet, and this was a tall task since Planetfall was so goddamn awesome as well.

Congrats Devs and Triumph for an awesome game and year.

• 7Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Very pleased that the game will continue to be supported. There are so many directions it can go in. I'd love to see an expansion focusing on more empire development mechanics. More in-depth diplomacy options. Just my hopes :cool:

• 4Like
Reactions:
Congrats! Absolutely delighted to hear the game is going to receive more expansions and DLC! And thanks for the free raptor! Being wanted one of those for ages! Looking forward to (hopefully) another year of AoW4!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Yes! I'm so happy you guys are continuing to develop AoW4. I hope (eventually) you take all the aspects of the winning formula in this game and make Planetfall 2. A sci-fi game with the structure and customizability of AoW4 would be another immediate purchase for me.

• 3Like
Reactions:
" Triumph will continue to develop Age of Wonders 4 beyond the current Premium Edition. We are working on more free updates and thrilling premium content. "

Attachments

• vtRGwI.gif
    vtRGwI.gif
    4,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Raptor Mounts! Oh yeaaaaah! Finally a really, really good Reptile mount options (sorry crocodiles)

And Astral Realms in June? Nice! It's just about what I was expecting :)

And yESSSS more content woohoo!

Good news, all around!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Most of these stats make sense, especially with the two expansions so far. Enchantment goes better with the ashes update than alchemy unfortunately and evolution is a good starting tome for a lot of playstyles. Hopefully next week we will get a glimpse into eldritch realms.

I cant believe you’ve done this to me.
Turtle mounts were right there but you went with raptors? You’ve made a powerful enemy this day

Anyway Happy birthday AoW4!

• 9Haha
Reactions:
All around great news.

Thank you devs for the game and for being one of the most fun and responsive group of devs in this genre out there. I really feel like you're simply having fun with creating this game just as I have fun playing it. To round it up:

- *Due to popular demand xD - game's development will be continued! Which was totally "unexpected" (yeah right xD). Not only with patches but also with new premium stuff (as in moar DLC) which I'm happy to pay for :D Just don't go overboard with "inflation" prices etc (don't go Creative Assembly way)
- Unexpected "expected" gift in the form of "Lizard" mounts. I assume people were expecting sth like a monitor (w)lizard type of mount but we do have Crocodiles already and a Raptor is so much cooler (Dark Elf Fantasy coming up). Cool that you decided to add this as an anniversary gift to make this date even more meaningful

PS: What I did expect was a trailer for Eldritch Realms, so I'm a bit sad there's nothing except a concept art of a "dark' character (Sundren perhaps?), but at least we did get an estimate of the release date which is June

PS 2: Love the lighthearted way of posting the game statistics. What I'm missing are sales numbers but I suspect those are at least solid if we did get information that development of new content will be continued

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Unexpected "expected" gift in the form of "Lizard" mounts. I assume people were expecting sth like a monitor (w)lizard type of mount but we do have Crocodiles already and a Raptor is so much cooler (Dark Elf Fantasy coming up). Cool that you decided to add this as an anniversary gift to make this date even more meaningful

Wait...was there some hint beforehand that we'd get a reptilian mount? Because to me the raptors came completely out of the blue (I knew people wanted them, I did too, but I wasn't expecting anything today)

• 2Like
Reactions: