• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dron22

Colonel
17 Badges
Jan 15, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
I just started playing the campaign as Russia, I got to the 5 th level so far and I was wondering if losing vital ships or aircraft would make them unavailable in future levels. So far I lost a Schuka B submarine in level 3 (aka Akula class sub), now if you lose the Peter Velikyi battlecruiser or the Kuznetsov aircraft carrier, do you still get them in future levels or not?
And what about the losses you inflict on the enemy, do you still face them in future levels or are they gone for the rest of the campaign?
So far I saw no penalty for taking losses as long as you accomplish the mission objectives.

Yes you are right. the campaign is a very lazy attempt, probably lame is a better word. There no difference between campaign and scenarios other than the childish narrative!

Overall, I do like this game, but the campaign is not one of them. I expected to have a campaign where your actions and accomplishments reflect on future missions and possibly have pilots and ship crews gain experience if they survive.
There are a few trivial things like Nimitz class aircraft carriers sinking in less than 2 seconds, but I can live with that.
I really hope that we see some sort of DLC or expansion for this game, with improvement this could be a great game!