• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RicardoMilosMF

Private
Apr 13, 2019
Hey i have a question, right now i play with one of the last Karling descendants, a woman and i married her with one of the princes of Norway in order to continue the line of succession, then she gave birth of a son and he has the blood of Ragnarr 'Lodbrok and Carolingian blood, can he gave birth of a child of destiny in the future? or his descendants can gave birth of a child of destiny? because i know that some bloodline ambitions can avoid the event of child of destiny so i want to know if this is okay now.

only bloodlines you create yourself (with the ambition and some others like the Alexander the great bloodline) prevent you from getting that one.

edit: sorry for the missinformation, @Karlington is (as usual) correct. either way it fortunately shouldn't have affected your run negatively :)

Last edited:
Hey i have a question, right now i play with one of the last Karling descendants, a woman and i married her with one of the princes of Norway in order to continue the line of succession, then she gave birth of a son and he has the blood of Ragnarr 'Lodbrok and Carolingian blood, can he gave birth of a child of destiny in the future? or his descendants can gave birth of a child of destiny? because i know that some bloodline ambitions can avoid the event of child of destiny so i want to know if this is okay now.
only bloodlines you create yourself (with the ambition and some others like the Alexander the great bloodline) prevent you from getting that one.
Thanks for information

Unfortunately the information is incorrect. :(

The creator of the bloodline is irrelevant. A player character cannot become a child of destiny if he has any bloodline that is marked in the game files as "bloodline_ambition" which currently are the child of destiny, Boudica, Alexander, and immortal bloodlines.

Note that the above applies only to the extra chance for a player character to become a child of destiny. Non-player characters have a much harder time becoming children of destiny: they cannot become a child of destiny if they have any created bloodline.