• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheAzureLiger

Major
65 Badges
Dec 1, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
So I made a custom religion with these traits for a submod

divine_blood = yes
bs_marriage = yes
pc_marriage = yes
psc_marriage = yes
cousin_marriage = yes

But still can't seduce my daughters. What am I missing?

I am guessing that it is because the Seduce action checks if your religion has the Divine Marriage doctrine or is Zoroastrian but doesn't check if your religion has the divine_blood modifier. I'm not sure where to check this though. As it's probable that it is because you have a modded religion I'd suggest you ask the question in the User Modifications subforum instead.

I think that's just blocked from the Seduction Focus.

From the Wiki:
You can select a character to seduce in their diplomacy menu. You must both be free capable adults, attracted to each other's gender, and not celibate
Celibate.png
. You cannot seduce your lovers, your former lovers, your parents, or your children. You cannot seduce your spouse or concubines this way: instead, they can become lovers through random events requiring the Family or Seduction focus, respectively.

The thing is when I hover over the grayed out seduce decision it says must be a member of an incest practicing religion.

Am I missing something in the traits I gave my religion to be able to seduce my children?
It's an issue with the actual seduction decision. The potential for it checks that the two people involved are not directly linked as parent-child or grandparent-grandchild, OR that both are in the zoroastrian group, or that both are messalian. If it's not one of those two predefined religions, no go. This means even Divine Family-reformed pagan faiths still have it locked out.

Crusader kings is (hopefully) the only place where people get upset because they find out it's not appropriate to sleep with their daughters.

Thanks for the help! I managed to fix it by editing the seduction decision.
It's an issue with the actual seduction decision. The potential for it checks that the two people involved are not directly linked as parent-child or grandparent-grandchild, OR that both are in the zoroastrian group, or that both are messalian. If it's not one of those two predefined religions, no go. This means even Divine Family-reformed pagan faiths still have it locked out.

But isn't the incest thing in zoroastrianism back in the day about cousin to cousin marriage though, not just inbreeding for the fun of it?

But isn't the incest thing in zoroastrianism back in the day about cousin to cousin marriage though, not just inbreeding for the fun of it?

One of the newer Persian rulers decided to legitimize his rule by marrying the younger sister of the previous ruler and she happened to be related or something along those lines.

It was never anything that was practiced in mass by the population however.

Neither Zoroastrians nor Messalians really practiced holy close kin marriage. It's mostly available to give players more options and of course the memes