• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

flummoxed79

Corporal
35 Badges
Jan 7, 2013
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
In my current game, I have zero capitalists but none of my artisans and bureaucrats are promoting to them. The pop detail screen for artisans and bureaucrats both read a big fat "0.00%" for promotion to capitalists.

I hovered over the tooltip to find why, and it said that because I can't build factories (my economic policy is Interventionism), I missed out on a 5% promotion bonus.

Then, l took a look at artisan.txt and found this:

Code:
capitalists = {
modifier = {
			factor = -40
			AND = {
				state_scope = {
					has_factories = no
				}
				can_build_factory = no
			}
}

There's a -40 penalty to capitalist promotion if you can't build factories?? What's the logic of that...I thought interventionism and laissez faire were supposed to be capitalist friendly? Does it then mean that even if my artisans and bureaucrats have surplus luxury goods (which gives a +1% modifier), they still can't promote?

I'm playing the Papal states. Am civilized, I have a factory in the state (built when I had state capitalism, before my party changed and my economic policy became intervention). I also have a literacy of >30%.

I have no penalties for promotion to capitalist. But I have no bonuses either....that's why it's at 0.00% I guess.

Anyway, there appears to be a mistake in the tooltip localization. In text.csv, under "can_build_factory", the text reads "can NOT build factory". This is all very confusing...

Hmm, besides the localization text error, it seems that the "can_build_factory = yes/no" condition is broken.

I tried out uncivilized countries, laissez-faire and planned economy policies, no factory techs activated...but for all of them the tooltip said that my "can_build_factory = yes" condition was true.