• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bought the game for my father before flying home, and he can't install the game... Is it restricted in Romania?

How are you installing STEAM dl? Other?

What if anything can you see on screen? Any messages, or windows popping up?

I'll check and write a more detailed report. I just reported what my father said.

Ok, more details: I bought the retail version from Austria for my father who lives in Romania. He installed Steam and made an account, but when adding the game Steam said the following:
Not Available

Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled.

I don't know what to do...

Last edited:
I'll check and write a more detailed report. I just reported what my father said.

Ok, more details: I bought the retail version from Austria for my father who lives in Romania. He installed Steam and made an account, but when adding the game Steam said the following:

I don't know what to do...

It would seem a problem with buying across regions. This is primarily a STEAM problem so you should log a ticket with them.

However you could try to do this:

Start Steam Client
Select Steam from the top menu, then Settings
Go to the DOWNLOADS + CLOUD tab in next window
Choose DOWNLOAD REGION = Austria.

Then try to activate the product code. OR install from DVD/CD.

EDIT: Dont forget to set back to ROMANIA once thats done. (OR WHATEVER it is currently ... doesnt seem to be ROMANIA there yet).

- However please be aware Ive never needed to do this, so you do this at you own discretion. Not sure if Steam has issues with cross region purchases and account - though I dont think it would...

- My first suggestion would be to log the ticket with STEAM support and explain to them the situation. They may tell you the same thing.