• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is an extremely helpful thread. I too have been struggling a little with the concepts in this game, a big departure from EU3 and others.

I started my first game a few weeks ago, in Ireland, as the..erm..something of Munster. After a few beers one night, I sat in bemusement as, without my having a clue how, I suddenly began playing as a 1 year old, son of the protagonist which I had only a few moments prior been in (obviously marginal) control of, and who now became heir! Whilst I was a little befuddled, this to me exemplified the charm of the game...I laughed out loud at this bizarre turn of events inspired by my uninformed clicking. A clear, alcohol-unencumbered brain is obviously important to success in CK2!

I've got that "moment of regretting to have bought it" right now, it was less than a month ago when I started to play.

What should I do? I know the game, I think, but it's simply not very fun right now. All is so very slow and depressing. I fear I played all too much (24/7) in the beginning.

I love the game because it'sa slow. I can spend an entire morning to noon just playing it. It's relaxing.