• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(7790)

De meza
Feb 14, 2002
Visit site
To make a long story short

Yesterday i tried to play CK in Multiplayer. It first there wans't any problems. I just chose the 1187 scenario and my co player joined the game. Then after a while. My co player's king died, and his son, who had another surname than him took over. The computer siad that my Coplayer had surrendered. Fair enough!

We decided to save and then play on. I hosted a new game from the savefile. But what happened then. My co plaeyer's computer kept on telling him that i hadn't chosen a scenario. CK began counting from 1 to hundred in the players box in the left bottom of the screen. And everytime it had reached hundred it said "unknown string wanted" under the scenario box in the top left of the screen.

I have a fully upgraded copy of Ck and so does my co player. I remember having played CK multiplayer in version 1.03.

Am I doing something worng? Or has Paradox created yet another bug in the game for our amusement?

What should I do

has it happened with more than one game?
to me it sounds like the save game has been corupted somehow, since you can play normally with just starting a game.

h_skov said:
Yes it works fine in SP

can your friend load it on his computer in sp?
can h host the game in mp?

I really bet it's something wrong with the save itself, because I have been able to MP from saves made in SP. Mostly custom scenarios made into a save to be transferrable between players in VNet.

Try this, have him SELECT a totally different kingdom. Then reselect whatever kingdom he wants to take over again.

Me and my friend had a crash to desktop, well I did, and so he saved the game for us (BTW great forsight in game save design!) He had to host since he had the save game, so I joined, and he had to select a different kingdom then reseelct the one he wanted for it to work.

G'luck

If anything, try playing it by yourself for a few game days and save it again, then try re-hosting it and see if that will work.

I suppose this is a problem I have and some other people reported it as well (Havard, please see the beta bug forum).

Essentially, under the latest public beta patch, the game does not recognise the fact that the save file has been sent and keeps resending it ad infinitum. I tried this with two different people and three different save games and the result has been the same each time - I used to be able to play multiplayer under previous versions with the same people, so it seems unlikely it is the hardware problem either.

It has been reported in some form in bug forum already, although unfortunately it received very little attention from mods.

h_skov said:
To make a long story short

Yesterday i tried to play CK in Multiplayer. It first there wans't any problems. I just chose the 1187 scenario and my co player joined the game. Then after a while. My co player's king died, and his son, who had another surname than him took over. The computer siad that my Coplayer had surrendered. Fair enough!

We decided to save and then play on. I hosted a new game from the savefile. But what happened then. My co plaeyer's computer kept on telling him that i hadn't chosen a scenario. CK began counting from 1 to hundred in the players box in the left bottom of the screen. And everytime it had reached hundred it said "unknown string wanted" under the scenario box in the top left of the screen.

I have a fully upgraded copy of Ck and so does my co player. I remember having played CK multiplayer in version 1.03.

Am I doing something worng? Or has Paradox created yet another bug in the game for our amusement?

What should I do

I had this problem when i was using wrong beta.... :rofl: Make sure you have latest :)