As Designed Can't colonize provinces adjacent to full colonized provinces of my territories and my colonial nation's states

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mangowallaby

Second Lieutenant
51 Badges
Aug 4, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Sengoku
  • The Kings Crusade

Integrity​

I have verified my game files (on Steam)​

Yes

I have disabled all mods​

Yes

Required​

Summary​

Can't colonize provinces adjacent to full colonized provinces of my territories and my colonial nation's states

Description​

I am playing as France and have colonized the strip of land leading south from the Hudson Bay to Winnipeg, going around the uninhabited land known as Weagamow. I have since fully colonized 2 provinces just south of Colonial Canada in Colonial Louisiana: Fond du Lac, Makanewewin. But when I try to colonize any of the uncolonized provs just south of these 2 I get the message "this province is too far away. The closest neighbor (Makanewewin) is cut off from our capital." There is an uninterrupted line of fully colonized provs running from Makanewewin to the Hudson Bay that all belong to either me (France) or my subject Crown Colony (French Canada). I am at peace (thus no blockades) and my subject Burgundy and I own almost all of the provinces in the France Region (not Chambéry or Lorraine), including my capital of Paris. I have colonized from Hudson bay well into the Lousiana colonial region in previous patches but have not done so in this patch. I have included screenshots of

Steps to reproduce​

Attempt to colonize one of the provinces in Colonial Louisiana adjacent to my fully colonized provinces just to the north, and receive an error message that it's out of range and I cannot send a colonist there

Game Version​

OS​

Windows

Additional​

Bug Type​

• Performance Issue

Attachments​

Screenshot​

eu4_74.png

Upvote 0
Ahh, this is an unfortunate loophole. You indeed cannot colonize next to provinces owned by yourself that are cut off from your capital - which normally wouldn't be a problem as they would go to your colonial nation, but as you haven't formed a CN in Louisiana yet that doesn't work. So, you need to either colonize more Louisianan provinces that are accessible to you, or conquer some from the natives, until you get five.

Ahh, this is an unfortunate loophole. You indeed cannot colonize next to provinces owned by yourself that are cut off from your capital - which normally wouldn't be a problem as they would go to your colonial nation, but as you haven't formed a CN in Louisiana yet that doesn't work. So, you need to either colonize more Louisianan provinces that are accessible to you, or conquer some from the natives, until you get five.
So why was I able to colonize the northernmost Provs in the Louisiana region? But not the 2nd most northern row of provs? It logically makes no sense to me.