• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

banjo-kablooie

Private
14 Badges
Dec 31, 2023
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
so I want to upgrade all of my factories late game but it takes so many clicks I was wondering if is there is a way to upgrade all factories you have at once I looked at some old threads and they mentioned that in the defines.lua file there is a line of code called FACTORY_UPGRADE_EMPLOYEE_FACTOR and that if you set it to be equal to 0.0 the factor for upgrading factories is so low that it just upgrades it every time you click shift+click on the factory expansion button but when I try it it doesn't work it may be because these threads are more then 5 year old so is there a different way to upgrade all factories at once or can you help me with understanding why the FACTORY_UPGRADE_EMPLOYEE_FACTOR doesn't work for me
thanks in advance

..... FACTORY_UPGRADE_EMPLOYEE_FACTOR and that if you set it to be equal to 0.0 the factor for upgrading factories is so low that it just upgrades it every time you click shift+click on the factory expansion button but when I try it it doesn't work....

Try 0.1 or just 0.
Don't forget the , after the number.

Maybe you were simply lacking the ressourcen required for upgrades when you tested it.

This is of course under the assumption that you are not using a mod.

Last edited:
Thank you I will try that

All i could think of.
I reread those threads and posts as well and got no other idea.
I recall that it should work.

Again be sure the comma is still there right behind the changed value/number.
Common casual mistake when editing the defines file. Did so myself.

To be sure regarding required ressources, you could test it by gving yourself all goods
and money required via the console.

Command being :
money [amount]
and
goods [amount]

As far as i recall the amount doesn't need to be specified and it should work without it.

All i could think of.
I reread those threads and posts as well and got no other idea.
I recall that it should work.

Again be sure the comma is still there right behind the changed value/number.
Common casual mistake when editing the defines file. Did so myself.

To be sure regarding required ressources, you could test it by gving yourself all goods
and money required via the console.

Command being :
money [amount]
and
goods [amount]

As far as i recall the amount doesn't need to be specified and it should work without it.
It works now thank you

Reactions:
It works now thank you

Great to know.

The good news i needed now.
Cheers
PyHOUKO.gif