• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BillRob

Recruit
Oct 22, 2017
I read somewhere this isn't a play anywhere game, but you could load your xbox save on pc and vice versa. What I'm looking for is playing xbox during the day and when I come up to my PC at night and continue to play. I understand I have to buy the game twice.

Can anyone confirm their experience?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Where did you read this, please? Because I do not believe it is possible.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't know how, I haven't even found where the Win10 edition puts save files yet!

@candyalien can you straighten us out here please?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have just checked with the Product Producers and it is not possible. You don't need to purchase the game twice and they also do not share save games. Sorry. I am not sure why this article has inaccurate information.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It so would!!! And you are welcome :)
It's an old topic, but in case anyone still care about it I can actually confirm that Xbox version and Win 10 version of the game have shared achievements and saves! So it's basically the same version, you even can play Win10 version with a gamepad.
I hadn't played a lot of city builder games before, but when Cities became available via Xbox Game Pass I decided to give the game a chance. And I liked it so much! I spent huge amount of time playing the game on my Xbox, but was quite disappointed that it's not a Play Anywhere title. Because from time to time I don't have access to my Xbox and can play only on PC.

Once, I noticed that game's title in my xbox profile changed from "Xbox One Edition" to "Windows 10 Edition". After that I was digging through the Internet and found this topic, it was another disappointment - if Community Manager says it doesn't support save sharing, it shouldn't, right? :)
But now Cities is on sale in windows 10 store and I finally decided to buy the game there, maybe just to start a new city. And I was so happy that it downloaded saves from the cloud and I got my city from Xbox on PC!
So it's the same game on Xbox and Win10, too bad it's not a Play Anywhere title and you have to get a two copies. But it's defenetly a game where cross-saves do their best.

Thanks for following up. It'd be great if they could. *wink, wink*
If you still wants to play on PC buy a copy while it's on sale, don't miss a chance :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
The frustrating thing for me is I bought Skylines on the PC back when it came out, but I rarely game anymore from the PC now that I have an Xbox One. So I ponied up the money to buy Skylines on Xbox One, which gives me my fix. But now I need to pay C$52 to buy the Windows 10 version to access my save games on my PC so I can export a nice looking map to share? That's nuts.

It's more a failing of the Xbox that I can't access the save files themselves because they're somewhere in the cloud, but it's also ridiculous that it's not Play Anywhere and I would have to buy it for a *third* time if I wanted to get the saves local on my PC. Sigh.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I feel your pain, man. All Paradox games that have console version could really benefit from Play Anywhere. I want to try Surviving Mars, but it is not available in windows store, only on xbox, so I can't even buy two copies to have shared saves. Maybe it's only about me, but I really want to be able to play strategy games on both pc and xbox

• 1Like
Reactions:
Go to the main forum page, you'll see it under "Unreleased games" there.