• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like that Coptic idea :)

That leaves the other question: what needs to be changed in the Hungary and Expanison events? ;)

Your events are magnificent. My humble contribution as follows...

15th century Greek scholars.

-> Cardenal Bissarion, 1403-1472
(primarily resposible for having the west finding out about "antimaxia ton sofon" a book where different philosophers' schools were explained, using comparison)

-> Demetrios Chalkokondylis, 1423-1511
(Credited with bringing (over) the teachings of Plato and Aristotle over to Medieval Europe, One of the first to use the printing press)

-> Ioannis Argyropoulos, 1394-1486
(Mostly known for heading the Greek division in the Studium (university) of Florence

-> Ianos Laskaris, 1445-1535
(Student of Ioannis Argyropoulos, headed the Laurence Library in Florence for 20 years)

-> Thomas Diplovatatzis, 1468-(Exact date of death is unknown)
(Law scholar)

-> Marcos Moussouros, 1470-(exact date of death is unknown)
(First Greek publisher, based in Florence and Venice)

If you are interested, I could provide some more data on each of those, and some facts about their lives. As is, I think they could provide the base for some events.

Hope it helps some...

Kewl - maybe G-Klav could script some flavour events using those men?

Well, I need some more data on those guys if I'm about to make flavor events based on them :)
And I still don't know what needs to be changed in my previous events :confused:

I'm making events about the French-Habsburg contest in Italy right now, although I'm not sure if they would fit in in :D this mod...

OK then.

Just had time for a quick hack-through. Tommorow, I will report with a deffinite description for each of those. Thank you for considering them.

Last edited:
I have a question - do you think I should move this to a ModDir or keep it as an ordinary GC improvement?

EDIT:
I have noticed that the Georgian succession events appear not to occur but I cant see why not.
Maybe im missing something - any ideas?

Last edited:
Well it was originally going to be some events for the original GC for Byzantium and its successor states and related events for neighbouring states.
But its kind of expanded beyond that into a MOd rather that just additional events...thats why I was asking...

Personally, you should keep it as is. I respect Vperic's opinion, but to me your mod goes in right after I install the latest patch. I would love to keep it that way, meaning that I will play a "standard" game with some byzantine (and others) spices.

But again, it is your mod. I only say out what is in my head!

Keravnos said:
Personally, you should keep it as is. I respect Vperic's opinion, but to me your mod goes in right after I install the latest patch. I would love to keep it that way, meaning that I will play a "standard" game with some byzantine (and others) spices.

But again, it is your mod. I only say out what is in my head!

Well yeh that was the point originally - extra events for fun.
But i thought because its getting rather large now and beyond just extra events...

If you set it up as a moddir, you don't have to reinstall it whenever you install a new patch. The down side is that you have to launch it from a special shortcut. Since I've already made it into a moddir, I can send you my modified Grand Campaign.eug, 1419.inc and events.txt files.

Still working on the descriptions of the Medieval Greeks.

I have though some ideas that haunt me, which I previously posted over at the aar "Roman round the med"

Ideas for events...

"Pope calls for re-establishment of the Trajan Empire", which will get you cores where there were originally in the Empire at the height of its expansion (117 AD).

and another one which HAS crossed my mind seeing the expanse of your empire...

(Prologue)... Alexander the great conquered the known world but for India. Instead he lead a lot of Greeks into what is now Afghanistan. There they stayed and prospered. THEY CALLED IT BACTRIA. Their greatest emperor was Menandros the great, who conquered most of what is now India, and stopped 200 Km.s east/southeast of what is now Delhi. 130 BC, the Kushan raided and conquered his empire and despite some noumerous Greek Kingdoms that remained for a while, gradually Greek was forgotten over there. The efthalite huns destroyed what was left.

BUT, in a mountainous area of modern Afghanistan (size of Morea) a mix of people worship the 12 Gods, Alexander the Great, and some of his Generals. They speak of a God king Aleksinderun who gave an oath that he would return, (or that his ancestors would)

"Bactrian Greeks: Futhfill Alexander's oath". Earn a core in 2-3 territories in what is now borders of Afghanistan and Pakistan... Unify them with your empire.
--> Historical fact. There is this group, calling themselves Kalas (from Kallistoi-meaning the best), who reside in the mountain regions of Pakistan, call themselves Greeks, as do their neighbours. They have wineries (which their muslim neighbours loathe), Ancient Greek style temples, and worship the 12 Gods.

"According to the newspaper "Estia" of December 4, 1995, the Laconian Society and the townships of Petroupolis and Aegaleo held a fund-raising event for the "Kalash" tribe of Northern Pakistan in early December. According to tradition, the "Kalash" are descendants of soldiers of Alexander the Great that settled in Bactria, present-day Afghanistan and Northern Pakistan. During the event, a presentation was made for a Greek expedition to this area of the Indian Caucasus, organized by the Unions of Greek educators. According to Athanassios Lerounes, the organizer of the event, the goal of the fund-raising was to provide funds for the establishment of a grammar school for "Kalash" children near the village Burburet."

Some history for the Kalash...

http://www.ecclectica.ca/issues/2002/1/issigonis.asp

... some things you probably hadn't known. Damn brits!

How they look like...

http://www.sfakia-crete.com/sfakia-...tsidecrete.html

Another event you could create...

" Unify the Orthodox lands"... Gaining a way to Ethiopia, and possibly diploannex them in the process.

another event would be...

" Bring the unholy Varangi into Orthodoxy," meaning convert and conquer the vikings.

" A new continent has been found on the west", make sure you convert all those heathens into proper christian orthodoxy.

Do you think it is way out there? Too far-fetched? Now with the new Transoxiana TAG, (with Greek leader names) I suspect that a lot of modding can occur for those two.

Thanks for considering, am working on updates for the other ones

Could be a good what-if event if Persia is defeated by the Byzantine Empire...and the Byzantines start to expand that way...

Updated the mod on my page.

Additions=
-Athens Changes to Orthodox event
-Tuscany inherits Athens event
-Athens becomes Greece event
-Added colony, army, and navy names for Grenada and Morocco

Changes=
-Changed Aka single province culture to Moorish and moved it to Toubkal, Fez, Tangiers, Gibraltar, and Grenada.
-Replaced the original Akan province with Yorumban culture.
-Changed National cultures of Morocco to Moorish, Tuareg, and Arabic.
-Changed national Cultures of Fez to Moorish, and Arabic.
-Changed National Cultures of Grenada to Moorish, Spanish, and Arabic.
-Changed Algierian cultures to Berber, Moorish, and Arabic.

Just a small post, to get the thread up again....

What's this with the moorish culture? Was it in vanilla EU2 too, or did you change some other culture?
And those old men I was to make flavor events on, does anyone have some info on them?

Sooo, where can I download the zip file that contains all these amazing new events?
Because I started the Byzantian great campaign last week and was rather dissapointed that it only came with two events, after I conquered all the national provinces in 1570 it became rather boring.
And beside this mod, do you guys have a website or thread with a ranking of the best mods?

Sorry for the delay on this guys.

Im currently working on rewriting all the events for this Mod to make sure all bugs are eliminated and its entirely 1.08 compatible.

EDIT: The link on the front page dont work cos there is something wrong with my site. Ill need to rebuild my site entirely. *sighs* So that needs to get done before the events are re-scripted.

Im still waiting on the "Death of King Lajos of Hungary" Events in relation to Byzantium for Austria being finished...
Also I am still waiting on the Byzantine/Mameluke flavour events. And the Turkish expulsion events...

I still cant figure out why the Georgian succession doesnt fire...Though I have got the Athenian events working. :D

Question about the proposed "Coptic" culture...what culture should be used for it.
Currently im using Armenian for Catalan, Canary for Portuguese, Aka for Morisque(Moorish)...
Should I just extend Nubian like i did with Syrian and rename it? Perhaps to "Copto-Nubian" or something like that?

Also if Byz exists the "Russia Claims Byzantine Mantle" event doesnt fire - should we create an alternative event where Russia still claims leadership of the Orthodoxy if Byz exists? Citing perhaps that Byzantium has far more to worry about than leading the Faith?