• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DD 1.3 UYZV

Thanks for answering.:)

I have Doomsday v 1.3a WGAV and I did a test: it works fine to me I guess you have an issue with you installation

Well what is odd is it used to work. No problems at all, then one day the Siberia thing started.:confused:

I had Doomsday installed, played this mod and everything worked fine. Now I re-installed Doomsday, installed the mod, applied the no time limit, but when I try to start any scenario, the game produces an error that it cannot understand a line "max_staging_distance = 15" in the Argentina AI file and promptly exits to desktop. The same thing, by the way, happens with mod34. Any ideas why?

Hey guys, I played my first game last night, I saved it and loaded it back up this morning. I have a problem, there isn't no leaders for my armies, I have the Generals and such that I appointed before I saved the game but if I wanted to make a new army there isn't no Generals to lead the army, even if I remove a General from one of my existing armies he just disappears...??? Any ideas??

I had Doomsday installed, played this mod and everything worked fine. Now I re-installed Doomsday, installed the mod, applied the no time limit, but when I try to start any scenario, the game produces an error that it cannot understand a line "max_staging_distance = 15" in the Argentina AI file and promptly exits to desktop. The same thing, by the way, happens with mod34. Any ideas why?

The first idea that comes to my mind is that you didn't made a clean installation. Doomsday has not overwritten all the files you supposed hence the new installation is corrupted. Please clean the disk and try again the installation.

Please note that you can have multiple installation. Just change the name of the directory. For example you may install Doomsday and on it 1914. After having changed the name of the directory (e.g. from Doomsday to 1914) you can install a new Doomsday in its directory (i.e. Doomsday).

What about you checksum? http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10185054&postcount=833

In the 1911 scenario, Germany has researched "Pre-War Hospital" AND blueprints for it. As this makes no sense I think it should have either blueprints or the technology researched.

Agreed. If nobody is against I would give them the tech researched.

bugs with Russia?

downloaded this and put all files in proper locations iun new folder after deleting the old files etc. As far as I can see I've followed the instructions but bugs still pop up, cant seem to find references for them in the thread :(

1. Many leader+minister pics missing, some for majors (eg Germany, Russia), many for minor, with some minros with no pics at all (Greece, Oman and others). Some have names appear when the cursor is over them, some don't. Not sure what to make of this :wacko:

2. Date filps to 1935 even after using the "no time limit 11.exe" file on the "HoI2.exe" file + prob led to the massive event spam at the start, some of which don't apply properly probably because of this.

3. When playing as Russia all resource stockpiles ( except IC produced supplies) start to fall really quickly - in the game it seemed like Russia had nowhere near enough resource production to maintain IC. Had i played for a few months IC prob would had dropped like a stone. Again not sure what to make of this - is it a bug or just scripted that way? :confused:
Advice much appriciated please :)

downloaded this and put all files in proper locations iun new folder after deleting the old files etc. As far as I can see I've followed the instructions but bugs still pop up, cant seem to find references for them in the thread :(

1. Many leader+minister pics missing, some for majors (eg Germany, Russia), many for minor, with some minros with no pics at all (Greece, Oman and others). Some have names appear when the cursor is over them, some don't. Not sure what to make of this :wacko:

2. Date filps to 1935 even after using the "no time limit 11.exe" file on the "HoI2.exe" file + prob led to the massive event spam at the start, some of which don't apply properly probably because of this.

3. When playing as Russia all resource stockpiles ( except IC produced supplies) start to fall really quickly - in the game it seemed like Russia had nowhere near enough resource production to maintain IC. Had i played for a few months IC prob would had dropped like a stone. Again not sure what to make of this - is it a bug or just scripted that way? :confused:
Advice much appriciated please :)

Unambiguously it's NTL bug. Search for Quintelosky patch

More errors

When playing as Germany in 1911, game crashed to desktop when I clicked on send spy (to Germany)

I think Germany should have the 1905 Submarine Warfare tech at start in the 1911 scenario.

In 1911, Pre-War Hospital is listed as a doctrine, rather than a tech.

When playing as Germany in 1911, game crashed to desktop when I clicked on send spy (to Germany)

I think Germany should have the 1905 Submarine Warfare tech at start in the 1911 scenario.

In 1911, Pre-War Hospital is listed as a doctrine, rather than a tech.

Doctrines are handled like techs by the game engine. They also have to be researched and usually affect Unit morale, organization, weather/terrain modifiers etc.

Yes, but basic hospitals should not be a doctrine. Naval or land strategy can be a doctrine.
I agree. I always found that a bit strange in vanilla HoI2, too.

So the Hospital techs would have to be moved to a non-doctrine tree. But which one?

I agree. I always found that a bit strange in vanilla HoI2, too.

So the Hospital techs would have to be moved to a non-doctrine tree. But which one?

Hospital is not a doctrine but is a tech that belongs to land unit doctrine. Why?
Because, in my opinion, military medicine was a specific field in both military and medicine.

I'm currently playing as Germany in the 1897 Scenario. Game crashes to desktop at exactly 01:00 August 2nd 1914, I reloaded as another country and the game still crashed. Help?

What is your checksum?