• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Works, thanks :D

StephenT said:
Unfortunately, that's because the mod has only been prepared in English, at least so far. So, for example, in the file where unit names are defined, you'll find this entry:

NAME_PARATROOPER;Light Infantry;Parachutistes;Paracadutisti;Paracaidistas;Fallschirmjäger;Spadochroniarze;;;;;X

I'm not so sure about the events with strings missing: that might be an actual error, rather than an unimplemented feature. :) Could you provide examples?

Thanks for the input, anyway.

IMPORTANT:

i got the solution for the event text not being displayed in other versions than the english one: you have to go in the event_text file and copy all the text spaces from the english line to your language's line (it is much easier if you click upon the whole line and then you click copy)

I have a problem with the game skiping from say 1914 to1935 when I start the game, I think it might be something wrong with the time limit patch though.

Note: I fixed it (darn thing was sending the patch to my modern day scenario folder) :rofl:

Wrong Ledger Category for Guards

Guards divisions are showing up as 'Armor' in the 'National Army Comparison' screen.
For example, Germany starts 1914 with 5 Guards divisions - the ledger says Germany has 5 Armor divisions and 0 Guards divisions.

- j

Not sure if this has been mentioned, and i apologise if it has, but in all my games, certain territories do not show the red dashed lines that appear on borders, which means that you have to refer to the political veiw quite frequently. Especially when your invading or at war.

sorry if this is already known.

The game ordered me to do this:
bug2tg.jpg

Zuckergußgebäck said:
It told him to report the bug immediately. And he did so...

It looks like you've got two separate events, both with the command endgame = 2 and with no trigger conditions. This is confusing the game engine.

Zuckergußgebäck said:

I do whatever the game orders me to do :D

Finnish Commie said:
I do whatever the game orders me to do :D
Ah, I see. :D
Well, those are simply events if nobody wins when the scenario ends. Still, we might just want to include a exist = SWE trigger to them so that it doesn´t tell people to report bugs.

Probably a known issue, but the techs for land doctrine, industry and secret weapons are still WW2. Also, it seams impossible to research the lower part of the naval doctrines (with russia at least).

I've just downloaded and played it for several hours! Sorry Allenby, I didn't check my PMs (because I rearly get any :) ) and I didn't know that you wanted me to do bugtesting.

In any case, I've enjoyed the game so far and had a generally positive impression of it. However, does it just look to me like that, or did you not include the full potential that you have right now into this version? For example, I remember you had a thread full of beautiful country skins, however in game I didn't find any of those. You also had a person working on AI if I remember correctly, yet the AI is absent in the version which you released. Does this mean that the AI person just disappeared into nowhere and hadn't done his work? In that case, I'm ready to help out. Likewise, the AI which I wrote for Russo-japanese war of 1904 was also not included... If you didn't like something about it then you could've told me exactly what it is and I would've modified it. However, now I start the game as russia and see the Japanese invade my coast again while I overrun Korea! :mad: :)

Some other comments:
Please don't use non-english letters in filenames. That Air country coused my game to crash becaused it tried to load a wrong file and I had to manually change it to regular i.
Should Russians and Austro-hungarians really have all their territories as national provinces? I think their national provinces should be severly limited.
Some countries like Germany are starting with no airforce and no air techs either. I remember in TGW the gemrnas had a plenty of aircraft at the beginning and certainly had the techs for it, so where did it all go?

Why would Russia and Austria not have claims to their territories?
I don't remember either country willingly letting them go (with the exception of Lenin freeing Finland for the help they gave him).
And it does seem like a lot of things are missing.
Surely putting in things that are already created isn't hard?

Lenin did let Ukraine go, but they annexed them back in few years.

kami888 said:
However, does it just look to me like that, or did you not include the full potential that you have right now into this version? For example, I remember you had a thread full of beautiful country skins, however in game I didn't find any of those.

It has not been decided which skins to represent for which country yet - and as they are only a minor thing, I left them out for the first version because I had better things to do.

kami888 said:
You also had a person working on AI if I remember correctly, yet the AI is absent in the version which you released. Does this mean that the AI person just disappeared into nowhere and hadn't done his work? In that case, I'm ready to help out. Likewise, the AI which I wrote for Russo-japanese war of 1904 was also not included... If you didn't like something about it then you could've told me exactly what it is and I would've modified it. However, now I start the game as russia and see the Japanese invade my coast again while I overrun Korea! :mad: :)

Your AI for the Russo-Japanese War was simply forgotten about, although as for the rest of the AI files, the person working on them said that he required a more fully up to date version of the game in order to properly develop the files. Well, here it is. :)

kami888 said:
Some countries like Germany are starting with no airforce and no air techs either. I remember in TGW the gemrnas had a plenty of aircraft at the beginning and certainly had the techs for it, so where did it all go?

As we have made clear, the situation regarding both the tech tree and the distribution of techs is not complete - you have in your possession the roughest of rough work. :)

Seylanov said:
And it does seem like a lot of things are missing.
Surely putting in things that are already created isn't hard?

Out of curiosity, what are you aware of that is complete that ought to be included?

Had a quick go as France...

I don't think their peacetime IC is at all adequate to do... anything? To fully fund their techteams (which isn't necessary, but still) is near impossible, if you try to supply the army at the same time. Perhaps France should be given more peacetime IC?

edit: They also have 44.00 IC worth of ships to deal with, impossible with their 35 or so peacetime IC.

Crosby said:
edit: They also have 44.00 IC worth of ships to deal with, impossible with their 35 or so peacetime IC.
That's historical. France (and most other countries) produced major warships at about half the speed Britain did: 3-4 years as opposed to 2 years for a dreadnought. In the game, that can be represented as only partially-funding your Production slider, so the bottom item is building at less than 100% rate.

Once war broke out, a lot of the ships under construction on 1 January 1914 were actually cancelled.