• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have you deleted the whole map cache folder, including province textures? (You shouldn't.)

It seems that I can't read simple instructions any more. I deleted (renamed, actually) the whole map folder. I retrieved the textures and added it to the new cache and the game now loads normally. I will give it a try and keep you informed if I find bugs.

Perhaps you should add an "how to install" in the .RAR?

I started playing 2.0 2nd beta and found some major bug. I don't know if it has been reported or not, but after saving and reloading:

- I am no longer at war with my neighbours
- one of my provinces (Rome) that was occupied no longer is
- local resources in Rome changed to horses, and in Fragellae, from wheat to salt (some other cangs elsewhere too)
- many states/tribes lost their flag and now have a white flag

also, I don't know if this is WAD or not, but I cannot establish a trade route between my two provinces and I cannot appoint magistrates.

For the rest, the mod looks really cool, the new map is great.

after saving and reloading:

- I am no longer at war with my neighbours
- one of my provinces (Rome) that was occupied no longer is
Yep, that's a known bug.

- local resources in Rome changed to horses, and in Fragellae, from wheat to salt (some other cangs elsewhere too)
That's settlement size.

- many states/tribes lost their flag and now have a white flag
They can't lose their flags. Some nations have white flags from the beginning, though, since I haven't made any flags for them.

also, I don't know if this is WAD or not, but I cannot establish a trade route between my two provinces and I cannot appoint magistrates.
Yup, it's WAD. Trade routes and magistrates have been removed (read DDs for more info).
Anyway, thanks for the feedback. :)

OK, some new stuff:

- most of my faction leaders are over 70 and the populists's leader is 103 years old. All these guys really don't die much.

- Some 35 years after the beginning of the Brutus's Republic scenario, I own 6 provices, yet only Rome has citizens; at 0.6 research point a month, it will be over over 150 years before I reach a new tech level.

- Clearly, I expanded too quickly, but the mission system often gives me 1, 2 or 5 years to conquer a neighbour; this leads to quick and unhistorical overexpansion OR frequent stability hits: a good part of my budget is wasted on sacrifices. Clearly, there is some balancing needed here.

- most of my faction leaders are over 70 and the populists's leader is 103 years old. All these guys really don't die much.
Correct. The engine can't handle characters with negative birth dates (read the thread called "Focus on one scenario" for more info).

- Some 35 years after the beginning of the Brutus's Republic scenario, I own 6 provices, yet only Rome has citizens; at 0.6 research point a month, it will be over over 150 years before I reach a new tech level.
Good point, I'll fix that.

- Clearly, I expanded too quickly, but the mission system often gives me 1, 2 or 5 years to conquer a neighbour; this leads to quick and unhistorical overexpansion OR frequent stability hits: a good part of my budget is wasted on sacrifices. Clearly, there is some balancing needed here.
True. I'll double the duration of all expansion-related missions.

When I load a savegame where I was at war, my diplomacy is null. So no war or tribute or alliances register once I load.
That bug has been with me from the start, and it's a real pain. I'm working on it. :(

I forgot to mention that I noticed a thin black line down the screen when I sometimes looked at the character screen.

I think it might be something to do with a missing image, either a title or something on the interface.
Yep, it's the title hack for diplomatic relations. Will fix.

First I want to congratulate you for the fun mod.

I found the following issue:
As Rome (I guess it also affects other republics) sometimes foreign diplomats are elected as consuls (via the event). When they go back to their home country, on the Government screen the image of their position starts to flicker between their portrait and unoccupied portrait. The game crashes after a while (I'm not sure if the crash is caused by it, but I rarely get ctds otherwise). Save and reload when a Roman citizen holds office fixes the issue (both the flickering on the Gov screen and the ctd).

Thanks.

Now that I think about it, I think I exiled most of my high charisma populists (they got too much attraction for my liking). I guess the diplomats were getting elected because only the looser populists were of age and in Rome :D .

Hi guys! I've got a problem with the mod ,though have an idea what might be causing it. The problem is that each time i try to choose an army on strategic map i get appcrash message. I think this is due to the fact i have russian version of the game, though patched and language is set to english. any suggestions?